• (2 Pages)
  • +

15 Replies - 773 Views - Last Post: 25 June 2008 - 11:54 PM

• I must break you
  • member icon

• View blog

Car Buying for "Youngsters"

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:44 AM

I'm in the process of buying a new car. (i'm 23)

And the shit have gone through so far has been pretty ridiculous.

Today i was looking at cars and I had been outside for about 20 minutes and no one came out to see if i needed help. Well an older couple pulls up and as soon as they get out of their car 4 sales people rush to them, they had to go past me to get to them.

I had one guy tell me "Why are you looking at those? You don't make enough money for that, lets take you to the used car section"

My dads cousin is a car salesman and he told me when your in your 20 somethings its hard to buy a car because no one will take you serious.

So has anyone else experienced anything like this? Do you notice age, and 'appearance' (clothing) make a difference on how you are treated at a dealership?

This post has been edited by jjsaw5: 20 June 2008 - 09:45 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Car Buying for "Youngsters"

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Car Buying for "Youngsters"

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:16 AM

I am 20 now, and when i was looking to buy my first car (18years old) i had the hardest time getting any salesmen to me, although some salesmen that did greet me. they tried to rush me and would only show me the fast sporty cars or really really cheap cars. they seemed to think that i would only want a sports car. or that i was poor and could only afford a cheap car. There were a few that wore nice. but in the end, most treated me badly or not at all.

Good luck with buying you car.

Artaniz
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Bastard Operator From Hell
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:30 AM

Not the one I went to, they were actually prompt didnt even notice the age, one of them came up to me and questions began. that was the day before I cam with my dad to get him to take it on credit. If anyone wants to know its McGrath Acura in Morton Grove Il.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• A$$hole Extraordinaire.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:37 PM

that's why most of the cars that i buy are older than i am.

it's funny because when i roll up to the nissan dealership to order some of those hard to get parts, they always ask me if i wanna trade up to a new 350Z. those guys that work there are seriously effin dumb.

In all seriousness, if you're willing to do a little maintenance yourself instead of taking it to the dealer every so many miles, I'd suggest buying an old 90's nissan or chevy. Something reliable, yet easy to maintain. they're also dirt cheap. New cars are just a headache to me.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pirate Medic
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:38 PM

I was 21 and wanted to buy a Toyota Tundra. I walked into the sales managers office and asked him. Hey I'm working with you because those assholes are too busy watching TV.

Then I said this.
First Thing you are going to do is check your inventory and tell me you have an extended cab V-8 Tundra SR-5, Then you are going to install a bedliner and towing package, then you are going to give it to me for $25,000 (invoice) for the rude manner in which i was treated by your sales staff (sticker was 32,000) He said he couldent do that, I got up and told my GF(now Wife) at the time it was time to go. at that point he offered 25,500 and was stammering like WTF just happened here. He had 1 truck that matched what I wanted I saw it and told him to write it up because I even liked the color.

I bought that silver one for $25,500

This post has been edited by Thorian: 20 June 2008 - 12:42 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• A$$hole Extraordinaire.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:07 PM

well played sir.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:28 PM

View Postjjsaw5, on 20 Jun, 2008 - 09:44 AM, said:

Today i was looking at cars and I had been outside for about 20 minutes and no one came out to see if i needed help. Well an older couple pulls up and as soon as they get out of their car 4 sales people rush to them, they had to go past me to get to them.

I had one guy tell me "Why are you looking at those? You don't make enough money for that, lets take you to the used car section"

My dads cousin is a car salesman and he told me when your in your 20 somethings its hard to buy a car because no one will take you serious.

So has anyone else experienced anything like this? Do you notice age, and 'appearance' (clothing) make a difference on how you are treated at a dealership?

I am not even close to getting my own car. I can't even get my drivers permit(One more year!). But nevertheless, My grandparents own a car dealer ship, and I have been there a lot. I have seen this many times. Not sure why. Just try not to shy, go up to the manager or something, and say something like "Hey, I make good money, and I would like to buy a nice car!". Lol, maybe its just something you have to put up with. :( I hate it when older adults don't take younger people more serious, I mean we have money too ya know. :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 Guest_Whizzy*

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:39 PM

View Postd10x1d3, on 20 Jun, 2008 - 03:28 PM, said:

and say something like "Hey, I make good money, and I would like to buy a nice car!".

Screw that shit!!!!!

Goto the bank before you go to the dealership, withdrawl a couple thousand (in smaller bills)... the next time someone says that shit to you, whip out the Wad, and watch his eyes pop out of his head. Then go to the manager and say, "You know, your saleman was right, I can't afford this car, the maintenence for this piece of shit would kill me. flash the cash, then say "But I did have enough to make one hell of a down payment."

Trust me... if he still has a job, he'll never say that to another person again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:11 AM

View PostWhizzy, on 20 Jun, 2008 - 03:39 PM, said:

and say something like "Hey, I make good money, and I would like to buy a nice car!".

Screw that shit!!!!!

Goto the bank before you go to the dealership, withdrawl a couple thousand (in smaller bills)... the next time someone says that shit to you, whip out the Wad, and watch his eyes pop out of his head. Then go to the manager and say, "You know, your saleman was right, I can't afford this car, the maintenence for this piece of shit would kill me. flash the cash, then say "But I did have enough to make one hell of a down payment."

Trust me... if he still has a job, he'll never say that to another person again.

Haha! Lol. :D Yeah, that sounds like a better idea. xD
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:57 AM

View Postjjsaw5, on 20 Jun, 2008 - 09:44 AM, said:

I am not even close to getting my own car. I can't even get my drivers permit(One more year!). But nevertheless, My grandparents own a car dealer ship, and I have been there a lot. I have seen this many times. Not sure why. Just try not to shy, go up to the manager or something, and say something like "Hey, I make good money, and I would like to buy a nice car!". Lol, maybe its just something you have to put up with. :( I hate it when older adults don't take younger people more serious, I mean we have money too ya know. :P

look those car dealers ,they make a living from selling cars ,and they know the younger one keeping 'I mean we have money too ya know'in mind if they are not servered , the longer the lesser business brain they keeping , after a certain point, they will buy anything any price without a brain function,hahaha
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:10 PM

look those car dealers ,they make a living from selling cars ,and they know the younger one keeping 'I mean we have money too ya know'in mind if they are not servered , the longer the lesser business brain they keeping , after a certain point, they will buy anything any price without a brain function,hahaha

I don't mean to be rude, but I have no idea what you just said.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• go sabres

• View blog

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:42 PM

im 22 and i def had that happen to me. eventually they did come up and give me the empty do u need help. so then i test drove an 04 celica. then he called me every other day to see if i wanted to buy. which wasnt a big deal because i was real interested. but the fact that the dealer down the street had an 04 celica with 10000 miles less, and in better condition for 3000$ cheaper i didnt buy it. he gave me this garbage that they can take $200 dollars off but thats as low as they can go. so i called the other dealer and bought the other celica over the phone :) we have been happily married for over a year now:)

but this crap happens to me everywhere i go. just gotta let it go and move, cause they are just employees of some company just like us. but what really pisses me off is gettting IDed for a rated R movie or rated M game. i dont look f-in 16, so dont make me take my wallet out again!!

This post has been edited by bflosabre91: 25 June 2008 - 01:44 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:36 PM

hahaha I am 16 and I never get IDed for any of that crap. I think you are just beat
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 Guest_Whizzy*

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:15 PM

View Postskyhawk133, on 25 Jun, 2008 - 01:10 PM, said:

I think he said he wants to buy a car, and doesn't know how much of his brain to use?
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• Everybody's crazy but me!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:47 PM

View PostWhizzy, on 25 Jun, 2008 - 06:15 PM, said:

View Postskyhawk133, on 25 Jun, 2008 - 01:10 PM, said:

I think he said he wants to buy a car, and doesn't know how much of his brain to use?

I thought he said that younger people will buy anything no matter what it costs, if the car dealers wait long enough to serve (servered) them?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +