1 Replies - 799 Views - Last Post: 26 June 2008 - 05:21 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help with my css drop down menu

Post icon  Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:20 PM

I used a CSS only drop down menu that I found and reworked it for what my job needs. I got a new job helping my university rebuild their library systems website and I am having trouble with my css drop down menu going beserk in IE 6. This really wouldn't be an issue but my university hasn't gone to IE 7 yet due to problems with some of their web apps (long time no fix i guess....) but I still have to have it work in IE 6 even though in IE 7, Safari, and FF it works like a charm. If anyone could help me please tell me whats really wrong I'd greatly appreciate it because I've been working on it for 2 days with no success. :crazy:

http://libwww.unm.edu/new_test.php

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help with my css drop down menu

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Help with my css drop down menu

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:21 PM

I tried - couldn't get it to work :angry: The problem is because in IE 6 you can't have li:hover and have to use li a:hover, which leads to worse problems because you have to hack IE 6 so that the next ul looks like it is inside of the a tag (this is all your if IE 7 conditionals in the html). But with that it was unclear to me what css could do properly. I realize you want a css dd, but I would just remove all of your IE 7 conditionals and add some IE 6 ones that add javascript. It's ugly but it will work. I may look at it some more. If I get somewhere I'll reply here.

Also, I suggest adding position:relative to your #menu_container style (the z-index isn't working without that - you can tell on the far left dd on the lowest link).

Hope you get this working!
Was This Post Helpful? 1

Page 1 of 1