11 Replies - 663 Views - Last Post: 04 July 2008 - 11:18 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

My Sony PSP Console

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:32 AM

:) I got a Sony PSP console on a online shop. It is equipped with a video-out port, allowing users to view their PSP content on their home TV. But there is some wrong with the port that the picture on TV is poor. I wonder whether you have the problem or not.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: My Sony PSP Console

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: My Sony PSP Console

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:37 AM

Can you elaborate on poor? Fuzzy, Blurry, Lines, No image, Partial Image?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:19 AM

The imagine is poor. Some lines on the TV screen.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:21 AM

Does the chord feel loose inside of either jack?

Can you try your PSP on another TV? Does the problem follow?

If you move the chord around, does the effect get worse/better?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Jawsome++;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:32 AM

View Postgraciesun, on 2 Jul, 2008 - 02:19 AM, said:

The imagine is poor. Some lines on the TV screen.

PSP's have never really been the source for great imagination :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:18 AM

did u ever think "wow im trying to stretch a 320x240 resolution onto a TV, no wonder this sucks so hard?"

P.S. that resolution is made up, i have no idea what the PSPs resolution is, but its not TV quality
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Jawsome++;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:50 AM

View Postferrari12508, on 2 Jul, 2008 - 10:18 AM, said:

did u ever think "wow im trying to stretch a 320x240 resolution onto a TV, no wonder this sucks so hard?"

P.S. that resolution is made up, i have no idea what the PSPs resolution is, but its not TV quality

Exactly, if the initial picture on the PSP is fine, and when you port it to your TV is becomes all blurred and or fuzzy, then odds are the screen resolutions are what's causing the errors you are experiencing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Segmentation fault
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

Most TV's actually use a very low resolution. I see what you're saying about the huge screen size on the TV vs the small screen on the PSP, but the resolutions are probably pretty close. I have one of my computers hooked up to the TV and the highest resolution it will go is 640x480 IIRC. I think broadcast tv runs at about half that.

There's been several Gameboy -> TV adapters as well (the Gameboy Player, an older one for the SNES). Picture quality was never all that bad with those.

He'd have to show us a picture for sure, but the distortion is probably either from a bad connection, or the difference between the TV and PSP's aspect ratios.

OP, if you can change the display mode from stretch to something like "scaled" (if it's not already) I'm sure that would help. Also you should check to make sure your PSP is set to the same region as your PSP (idk if there is a setting for it or if it would make a difference, it's just a guess). America would be NTSC, UK or anywhere else would likely be PAL. :)

This post has been edited by Tom9729: 02 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:38 PM

I know that ntsc is only 476 lines, but nowadays, when someone is hooking something like that in I mostly assume that its a HD TV, for that fact that pretty soon all TVs will be HD for the digital jump.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Segmentation fault
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:56 PM

View Postferrari12508, on 2 Jul, 2008 - 10:38 PM, said:

I know that ntsc is only 476 lines, but nowadays, when someone is hooking something like that in I mostly assume that its a HD TV, for that fact that pretty soon all TVs will be HD for the digital jump.

That's hardly a fact. The "digital jump" just means people need to either 1) Buy a converter, 2) Buy a normal TV with a digital tuner, or 3) Switch to cable, all of which are cheaper than buying an HDTV. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:00 PM

just because you have cable doesnt mean your current TV will work, all that means is that you do not have a dish. TVs right now accept either Analog or digital or both, but cable right now is analog and those explorer boxes you get convert the analog to a digital signal. That being said, a lot of tube TVs that people still have because they function do not have a digital tuner in them, so they need to get a converter or upgrade.

What I previously said was a false statement because i used terminal language but for the most part is true because many people are getting LCDs and Plasmas
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Segmentation fault
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:18 PM

View Postferrari12508, on 5 Jul, 2008 - 01:00 AM, said:

just because you have cable doesnt mean your current TV will work, all that means is that you do not have a dish. TVs right now accept either Analog or digital or both, but cable right now is analog and those explorer boxes you get convert the analog to a digital signal. That being said, a lot of tube TVs that people still have because they function do not have a digital tuner in them, so they need to get a converter or upgrade.

What I previously said was a false statement because i used terminal language but for the most part is true because many people are getting LCDs and Plasmas

I might be falling asleep, but I think you more-or-less just repeated what I said. :)

Unless Cable companies are planning on ditching cable boxes, I think what I said holds truth.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1