4 Replies - 752 Views - Last Post: 07 July 2008 - 11:42 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

DataSet Issues

Post icon  Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:36 AM

I am using a dataset in an application I am building and when I configure the tableadapter for a table I am selecting the option to generate the Insert, Delete, and Update queries. However, when I am finished the Update query is blank on the properties.

The other issue I am having is that I added a couple of new tables to the dataset and then rebuilt the dataset. Now, when executing my app, the two new tables do not appear in the lists.

Any thoughts on resolving these frustrating issues?

Thanks,
Tomas

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: DataSet Issues

• Student of Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: DataSet Issues

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:54 PM

These questions are difficult to answer without seeing your code. Post your code using :code: tags.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:32 AM

View Postjayman9, on 2 Jul, 2008 - 06:54 PM, said:

These questions are difficult to answer without seeing your code. Post your code using :code: tags.

I understand. Unfortunately, the issue isn't so much code, rather the VS interface and developement environment. When I figure it out I will post the fix here.

Thanks,
Tomas
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:18 PM

View PostTomaso48, on 3 Jul, 2008 - 05:32 AM, said:

View Postjayman9, on 2 Jul, 2008 - 06:54 PM, said:

I understand. Unfortunately, the issue isn't so much code, rather the VS interface and developement environment. When I figure it out I will post the fix here.

Thanks,
Tomas

Well, here's an update. I found that the problem with the Update query not being generated was actually a SQL Server setup issue. Although each of the tables had an auto-incrememnting identity field, these identity fields were not set as the primary key. Once each table had the primary key set, the Update query was automatically generated when brought into the VB.Net application. One down, one to go.

Thanks,
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

Here is the update on the tables not fully being included in the dataset. When I looked at the designer file for the dataset, the two tables in question were not included in the definition section with the other tables. It turns out that on the properties for the .xsd file, the Custom Tool = MSDataSetGenerator entry was missing. Once it was added back and rebuilt the tables were included as they should be.

Thanks,
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1