the site i made for my school

• (2 Pages)
  • +

17 Replies - 1868 Views - Last Post: 29 October 2002 - 01:33 PM

• ive told capty to change this 30k times, but he's a fag

• View blog

Mhs Site

Posted 25 October 2002 - 01:10 PM

alright this is a project that i've been working on in my webmastering class for a little while and it finally went up today. the front page and the header on the other pages were done completely by me, some of the title graphics on pages were done by old mr. capty himself. check it out, there's still some glitches i'm working out, but hey, i had to get the page up today, so this is what i got.

http://www.mckinneyisd.net/mhs

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Mhs Site

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Mhs Site

Posted 26 October 2002 - 06:08 AM

Really cool site for a school.
It makes it interesting too look at, not just the common informational sites. Hope you get payed for that ;) (and ofcourse share some with mr.capty ;))

EDIT: I started klicking links and saw that none (or none of the ones I klicked) continued in the flash "frontend". Perhaps u gonna do that later but it would be more appealing if you like included scripts to read from the page. Just a hint!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• nooneenooneenooonee
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2002 - 07:33 AM

It looks good... the only thing I think you should chnge is to take the black border off of the clouds. Make the border on them light gray or remove it al together, it just looks silly with it there.

Rating: 8.5/10

Cheers Sam
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2002 - 08:09 AM

hey, i go to MHS.... hmmm do i know you in anyway? my name is Nathan Wiuff. o by the way awesome job.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2002 - 09:11 AM

Antisoft, on Oct 26 2002, 07:08 AM, said:

Really cool site for a school.
It makes it interesting too look at, not just the common informational sites. Hope you get payed for that ;) (and ofcourse share some with mr.capty ;))

get paid? ha, it's my assignment for the first nine weeks in my webmastering class. The job for that class is to keep the site updated and stuff. we had a page up earlier this year that our teacher designed, but it was yellow, nuff said.

sam, the borders around the clouds were never black, i don't know why they are looking like that. i had them at about "666666" with the clouds white and then i faded the transparency to about 60%. i've still got a lot of stuff to adjust on the page so i'll probly do that.

wolfblade, i don't think i know you from anywhere. what greade are you in? i'm a senior so i'm not there, but a couple of periods a day. if you have mrs. newport for any of your computer classes then, you've probably seen me.

-Nick
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• nooneenooneenooonee
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2002 - 10:46 AM

nickwills, on Oct 26 2002, 09:11 AM, said:

sam, the borders around the clouds were never black, i don't know why they are looking like that. i had them at about "666666" with the clouds white and then i faded the transparency to about 60%. i've still got a lot of stuff to adjust on the page so i'll probly do that.

Yeah they arn't relly black, but I would suggest toning the shade of gray down a bit more... Another thing is you might want to just use a solid gray color rather then using an alpha setting, it will make them a little less CPU intensive and people like capty (with slower computers) will beable to enjoy the site a bit more...

One more thing, I noticed that on the first two menus if you move the mouse over the button and the menu pops up, if you move the mouse slowly up the menu it refolds again, the third one doesn't do that. It might be something as simple as moving the movieclap down about 2 px or something... Just letting you know.

(I love flash)

Cheers Sam
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2002 - 01:10 PM

smckone, on Oct 26 2002, 11:46 AM, said:

Yeah they arn't relly black, but I would suggest toning the shade of gray down a bit more... Another thing is you might want to just use a solid gray color rather then using an alpha setting, it will make them a little less CPU intensive and people like capty (with slower computers) will beable to enjoy the site a bit more...

One more thing, I noticed that on the first two menus if you move the mouse over the button and the menu pops up, if you move the mouse slowly up the menu it refolds again, the third one doesn't do that. It might be something as simple as moving the movieclap down about 2 px or something... Just letting you know.

(I love flash)

Cheers Sam

yea, i'm still trying to work out the bugs in the menus. that's the main problem im dealing with right now. the clouds, though are actually gif's that i made in fire works and imported them into flash.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2002 - 03:07 PM

my computer may not have the specs, but ive tweaked it to work well...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2002 - 07:50 PM

capty99, on Oct 26 2002, 04:07 PM, said:

my computer may not have the specs, but ive tweaked it to work well...

tweaked = adding 4gig HD and taking out the 2gig one.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 October 2002 - 03:23 AM

get paid? ha, it's my assignment for the first nine weeks in my webmastering class. The job for that class is to keep the site updated and stuff. we had a page up earlier this year that our teacher designed, but it was yellow, nuff said.

Yeah, coz of the great design your school might want to use it for their webpage considering the former one was yellow :\

Even if it's your project u still made it and should have all copyrights, therefore if your school want's it, be sure to get paid or sumthin' coz it's a hell of alot better then most school webpages.

(Don't make fun of my spelling mistakes, I use a crappy kbd from like... the beginning of the nineties...)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 October 2002 - 08:18 AM

antisoft.
hes not gonna get paid for a school project.
haha
if e wouldnt give it to her unless she paid he would fail the class.
and he wont hand her the fla so she cant have it.
and that IS the schools webpage. the official one thats up so they are using it.
plus, even if he did put copyrights on it the school could still use it because he made it on their computers. so it is fully their property. including the fla. just dont tell mrs. newport that. haha
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 October 2002 - 02:04 PM

But if it's something he created entirely on his own (or with friends) it is his even if it was created on another machine with software owned by another person etc.

What I meant with getting payed (started out as a "thing" that described how good I thought it was but everyone seemes to take this too seriously) is that if the school has a different, public page created by someone they hired (wich I thought) and when they saw that this was better (and it is, ofcourse) then they should pay for what he created just as they did to the one they hired. You get my point? Gee, don't get so "hung up" on this "getting payed" thing...

Here in sweden I could take the site of the schools computers and sell it to my school coz it is mine, I created it. Now that it was his project and he was obligated to do it he would. But then it wuld only be to get a degree. Later on if the school want's to keep it, they'll have to pay... atleast that's the only thing that would seem fair... (I know I could get money for a site like that).

Not that it's the best site ever but it the best I've seen for a school website. It's a bit of "eyecandy" (or atleas in that direction) other then just a plain informational page. Look at Malmö Högskolas webpage (Malmoe Highschool (not what it means in english but freely translated, should be more like university)) http://www.mah.se and compare. Wich is better and attracts more people do you think? That's why I said

be sure to get paid or sumthin' coz it's a hell of alot better then most school webpages
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 October 2002 - 02:09 PM

in the us. if its built on someone elses computer
it is their property and they can do whatever they want
and the only reason you have rights to it is if they allow you or dont realize that fact. im just sayin
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 October 2002 - 02:12 PM

Yeah ok, different laws 'n stuff here in sweden then. Coz those are the ones I know, that's why I follow them. Just sayin' :rolleyes:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 October 2002 - 09:22 PM

Nice, I like the site. Only thing that kinda bugs me is the lack of uniformality of layout... sites that have about 3-4 diffrent incorporated layout and schemes tend to bug me. But overall, each of them are excelent in thier own right, flash menus are great - bugs, and tons of info (from my glance)

Side note... freaky as hell considering the school I went to was mhs (marana high school) :alien:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +