GamesKingdom.net

Page 1 of 1

11 Replies - 902 Views - Last Post: 21 July 2008 - 11:05 AM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Need your feedback

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:07 AM

Hi, I've just semi-finished GamesKingdom.net. By semi-finished I mean what is done, is done, but there isn't an awful lot on there currently.

It's got reviews, games, top 10 chart plus a forum (which I would apprieciete if you joined).

Link: http://www.gameskingdom.net

Please let me know what you think of the site and what I can do to improve it. So just take a look around a tell me if you found any errors, what you thought of content, design etc.

Please bare in mind that I'm only 15 and this is my first ever website.

Thanks

P.S. If anyone would like to make a cool logo for me that would be nice.

P.P.S. Flash is required to view menu!!

-----
Referral System - Free Ads!

Just thought I'd like to add:

If anyone wants to advertise their website on mine for free then please signup to the forum and get a further 10 members to refer to your name when registering.

Your ad would appear under the login box on the left navigation menu. It will only show for those not logged in.

This post has been edited by Kingbradley6: 11 July 2008 - 06:09 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need your feedback

• member icon

• View blog

Re: Need your feedback

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:39 AM

My first impression is "Not Bad". But you need to do a lot of work here. One think I felt is (suggestion) the information you provided is not interesting enough. You need to keep posting something striking and interesting. Overall design is pretty good.

Good work....
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:57 AM

View Postdineeshd, on 11 Jul, 2008 - 05:39 AM, said:

My first impression is "Not Bad". But you need to do a lot of work here. One think I felt is (suggestion) the information you provided is not interesting enough. You need to keep posting something striking and interesting. Overall design is pretty good.

Good work....

Can you pin-point what information is not interesting enough? I'll hazard a guess at the reviews(?). If so more will be added soon however I do not write the reviews. My friend who helps write the content does all the reviews and top-ten, so I'll pass the message on to him.

As for you thinking the design is nice - cool, thanks! Like I mentioned earlier, this is my first ever website and I had to learn HTML and CSS in my spare time when not studying for my GCSEs so I'm glad that it made it worthwhile.

This post has been edited by Kingbradley6: 11 July 2008 - 05:59 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:20 AM

I am not that good at website review, still I will reveal what I felt. First page you have only 2 boxes where its talk about games, "Recent games added" and "Latest Review". I didn't felt like clicking on either links over there, because it doesn't attract me. Probably you need to have little more description about the games. Instead of just putting a single poster (at least for "Latest Review") tries to have a slide show of posters.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:29 AM

View Postdineeshd, on 11 Jul, 2008 - 06:20 AM, said:

I am not that good at website review, still I will reveal what I felt. First page you have only 2 boxes where its talk about games, "Recent games added" and "Latest Review". I didn't felt like clicking on either links over there, because it doesn't attract me. Probably you need to have little more description about the games. Instead of just putting a single poster (at least for "Latest Review") tries to have a slide show of posters.

Oh Ok. Well as for the slide show of posters and games I can definately do that using Adobe Flash CS3. As for the boxes I actually didn't know what to put on the home page.

If you have any ideas on what I can put on the home page, please say.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:08 AM

I am not a Web Content Expert or Game Expert, so i will not be able to tell you what can be posted there. But I can give you a site address from where you can get some idea about the contents.

Check this site....

http://www.gamespot.com/

Unique content is what making web sites different, so its not recommendend to imitate other sites, but its pretty acceptable for now, considering the fact that you are a beginner.....

This post has been edited by dineeshd: 11 July 2008 - 07:09 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:51 AM

I think the site looks pretty good, myself. My only suggestions would be a slightly lighter gray BG.... it's potentially headache-worthy with the white text on dark, dark backgrounds. Also, the sound effect on the mouse-over menu is pretty cool, but could get annoying. Just my 2 cents.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:56 AM

View PostBenignDesign, on 11 Jul, 2008 - 11:51 AM, said:

I think the site looks pretty good, myself. My only suggestions would be a slightly lighter gray BG.... it's potentially headache-worthy with the white text on dark, dark backgrounds. Also, the sound effect on the mouse-over menu is pretty cool, but could get annoying. Just my 2 cents.

OK, I'll take the background comment into consideration but I won't be changing it so soon as I just finished makign the site and it would take too much effort to change all the background (including the forum).

As for the sound effects, I agree that it gets annoying I may well change it.

Thanks for reviewing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:31 PM

Yah good idea for a site, gaming is always and will always be popular

as far as the site, couple things:

1.) the navigation bar on the left should be used more efficicently, because its far too much space for a user panel.

2.) the games link is next to the reviews link, but there both completly different because one is online games for free, and one is for console. Should be more distinguished differences. The example of gamespot was good as far as your need for different categories for consoles/pc etc. and reviews,previews, screens, cheats etc for each. Games, reviews is too broad for main links.

3.) while the reviews you wrote for the two games are pretty good, you might want to read gamespots reviews and igns and such pretty intensively, because for your site to get any attention, it has to offer as good, or better components to attract users.

4.) i like the look your going for, but there needs to be better use of space mainly. good luck m8
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:46 AM

Hi dude,

Looks like it needs a minor adjustment.

1. Go to the games link. Please use height:auto; coz there are wasted spaces.
2. Please use color:white to input user name, password, and text for your guest to see on what are they writing.
3. Recent Games Added -> vertical-align:top;

Nice, no bad... :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:20 PM

OK, I will strongly consider what has been suggested so far however at the moment I think getting more content is the most needed update.

Keep you views coming.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Jawsome++;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:05 AM

Looking pretty good, however one of the things I didn't see mentioned above which I noticed was the page flash each time you clicked around the links. Not exactly sure how to isolate that problem, or if there is anything that can be done but that's about all I could really think of.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1