• +

27 Replies - 1838 Views - Last Post: 28 November 2008 - 09:07 AM

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: F-ing XBox Live

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:36 PM

It was under recreational.

Here is an update, the little smart mouth I just casually reported and blocked whatever. The dude sending lude pics sent another one so I personally called XBox live and his account will be banned for X amount of time.

If it happens again he is done. 10,000 gamer points down the shitter.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Epic Awesomeness
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:55 PM

Serious props to you...I dont have live gold so i don experience this, but I have played online games before with how do you say, immature little f*ks and I know it's annoying.

Ex. I was an admin in a Counter-Strike clan (^-HPA-^*Lt-Gen*Chicken) and every day it was like little 10-12 year old kids would come in and show off their impressive use of profanity and i would be like look guys, this is supposed to be fun and they would pretty much bad mouth back and say sh*t like, "You cant do anything to us" and crap like that so i usually had fun (i.e. warping them to "sticky" parts of the map where you were stuck forever) until the clan leader came back (who by the way though it was hilarious) and kicked them out. I did my fair share of temp bans and perm bans even...its got to be done sometimes.

but good lookin out for all the mature people and people who cant defend themselves.

This post has been edited by mattman059: 12 July 2008 - 06:57 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I must break you
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:29 AM

View PostNykc, on 12 Jul, 2008 - 07:36 PM, said:

It was under recreational.

Here is an update, the little smart mouth I just casually reported and blocked whatever. The dude sending lude pics sent another one so I personally called XBox live and his account will be banned for X amount of time.

If it happens again he is done. 10,000 gamer points down the shitter.

After reading this i was going to suggest calling Xbox but it looks like you found that out anyway :^:

My aunt called them because her 10 year old daughter was playing something on-line and she was getting "mother F'd" in a little kids came because she was beating some 21 year old.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• go sabres

• View blog

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:47 AM

thats awesome that they actually told u outright they will do something about it. ive reported many people in the past, but i never know if anything ever happens to them, but MS claims to research every reported user. but im glad you got some results :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I must break you
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:36 AM

View Postbflosabre91, on 14 Jul, 2008 - 11:47 AM, said:

thats awesome that they actually told u outright they will do something about it. ive reported many people in the past, but i never know if anything ever happens to them, but MS claims to research every reported user. but im glad you got some results :)

I know they really started to buckle down before the 360 days. It started back in the Halo 2 era when people were moding their xbox's and cheating. their accounts were banned for life (i think). And I know that MS was very serious this time around (360) with their users on-line experience.

I have had friends get kicked off for 6 months for using certain words, or calling someone a name.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:04 AM

Yeah they seemed pretty interested when I reported it, hell what do they care they already got their 50.00, ban em and make em pay $50.00 more for a new account and take their achievements.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• code.rascal
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:39 AM

I am an admin of an Unreal server. We have "naturally" a bunch of botters. A minority would stop it if asked nicely, some needs a ban, but some will come back and crash the whole server. Well, I've written some nice emails to their ISPs. I am not sure if anything happened to them at all, but some ISPs sent back really nice answers (telling them that you gonna ban their whole IP range on your servers where a lot of their customers are playing usually rings some bells).
FYI: abuse@isp.address usually works - if it is not piped to /dev/null ...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:11 PM

i know the feeling... i'm an admin of this huge DBZ mmorpg, and there's a LOT of people that get very annoying and just live to harass people... so, i just ban them :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#24 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:06 PM

Sorry to dig up this old topic, but I found this & thought of you NYKC...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pirate Medic
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:46 PM

You know that in 2006 The federal government of the US passed a law making it a felony to harass people online using a moniker. It was passed under the "Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act"

I have actually gotten one guy to leave my wife alone due to that law. He didn't think it was funny when I had his local PD show up at his front door. It is easy all you have to do is say that you have been threatened and that you are afraid for your life.

And back here in Missouri we just had a law passed that would make it a felony punishable by up to 4 years in prison.

http://www.foxnews.c...,356464,00.html
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:56 PM

@No2pencil - lol that's pretty cool.

@Thorian - I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the info. Fortunately we haven't had to deal with this recently but it is good to know for when it happens again.

Thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:23 PM

You get them all the time. It's Xbox. Nothing is a surprise nowadays.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Villiage Idiom
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:07 AM

block the user. If it presists and microsoft is not doing nething about it, i'd actually contact support and give them an earload of my personal opinion.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +