4 Replies - 336 Views - Last Post: 19 July 2008 - 06:32 PM

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

re-donkulous customer service

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:33 PM

i blogged about it, and twittered it, but i want everyone to see it : my customer service experience with att yesterday

tylerjameslee.com :
Last night I spent a fun-filled 30 minutes on the phone with ATT tech support. First off when all tech support for phone, internet and cable is under one umbrella and handled by the same guy you know that its not going to be a good experience. That means hes not specialized and just reading off a prompter.

My problem is strange. Internet works fine via wireless, but not via ethernet from the att router. So I called to see if there was anything weird with their system I needed to have on my desktop. (system worked fine with time warner less than 24 hours before)

Told him from the start I was computer savvy so we could skip the basic crap. Then he asked me if both ends were plugged in. I said yes, he asked me to double check. After saying I was competent with a computer this killed me. Then we troubleshot quickly and he made me reboot. MADE ME even though I said I had already tried that multiple times. Then I told him that my computer was getting an ip address from the router but nothing else. His response : well, ip addresses are assigned by Microsoft so your gonna have to call them tomorrow. My Reponse : No, an ip address is assigned by the router. His response : Well,no, your problem is with microsoft call them tomorrow morning. I hung up.

He talked down to me for 25 minutes on that phone call and had no idea what he was talking about, had to be reading a script. Also didn’t know how to access my network settings without clicking the “two computer monitors in the bottom right of your screen” after deciphering he meant the network icon in the taskbar I told him they weren’t there and he was speechless. I told him I would go through my control panel and he didn’t know what I was talking about.

So, still no internet on my desktop. Lovely.

and today 2 attempts to call them both times hung up on by their computer phone system.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: re-donkulous customer service

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: re-donkulous customer service

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:55 PM

LOL.

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:37 PM

lol @ microsoft handing out ip addresses :lol:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:45 PM

Well damn, maybe thats why I didn't have Internet the other day. Guess Microsoft got mad at me and took my IP for a couple hours? Damn them
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:32 PM

Check your tubes, they may be clogged.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -