Need help with my assignment

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 3368 Views - Last Post: 28 April 2009 - 05:13 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Urgent Programming Help

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:10 PM

I'm new to programming, don't know much
Have an assignment due and need someone to point me in the right direction.
I've started but can't get pass one of the most important task because i have no idea wot to do.
Can some one please help I've done task 1 working on task 2 but i need someone 2 explain task 3.
I HAVE NO CODE TO SHOW BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO START TASK 3 but i can show u what i did for task 1 which I'm not even sure is correct but i tried, and still trying unlike the kids in my class that just gave up.

The Scenario
The membership details of all members of the soccer club are currently monitored using a manual list. At club meetings the membership list is checked by the club secretary and no person may enter the meeting who is not on the list. Members must pay an annual subscription which is at adult level or junior (under 18 years of age on 1 September) level. Details of all members are registered with the local soccer league to enable them to play in matches. The information currently stored in the
list includes the following:
member name
member number
address
contact telephone number
membership level (adult or junior)
date of payment.
The membership list is also made available to the treasurer who monitors the membership and subscriptions. The club runs three teams, 1st team, 2nd team and junior team and the captains of each team also have access to the membership list so that they can select players for matches against other clubs. The club secretary also records the number of matches played by each member including team played for, goals scored, bookings (yellow cards) and sending offs (red cards) for each player. This information is recorded after each match played.
The club officials have requested that the membership system be computerized. The aim is to speed up the production of regular monitoring reports on players and meet the soccer league requirements regarding player records and data protection.

Task 1 20 Marks
The club secretary would like the following report on a regular basis:

Report 1. A list of all the paid-up member names and contact numbers by membership level,
with totals for each level.

Report 2. A list of players for each of the three teams for the current season with details of
number of matches played for each team (a player may play for more than one team), goals scored, bookings (yellow cards), sending offs (red cards) with the players listed in alphabetical order.

Using JSP techniques and methodology analyse the requirements for both reports. Produce a set of
diagrams for each report showing the step-wise progression. Diagrams should include logical data
structure diagrams (DSDs), preliminary program structures (PSDs) as well as the detailed program
specification for each report.

Task 2 12 Marks
Draw a flowchart for each of the two reports specified in Task 1

Task 3 20 Marks
a) Write a procedure that will check for paid-up members. This procedure will be included in the
program that the secretary will use when checking if people are allowed into meetings.
B) Write pseudocode for the two reports described in Task 1. Include in your code the procedure
written in 3a).
c) Write pseudocode for a reports main menu.
Note: you are not expected to write pseudocode for the options, only the code to navigate the
menu is required.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Urgent Programming Help

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Urgent Programming Help

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:13 PM

What language is your assignment in?

& can you please post what you have so far, along with any errors & specific questions you might have.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:58 PM

What do u mean by wot language it is in? Sorry I'm not of much help. Our prof hasn't explained our assignment to us, he teaches 2 programming classes, my class in d south campus and the other in d north campus.. and no1 in both classes understand what we have to do. They have given up but its worth 60% of our final marks so I'm trying.

Here is wot i hav so far
still workin on task 2 but its on paper

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image
  • Attached Image
  • Attached Image
  • Attached Image

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:41 PM

Programs are generally written in a programming language. What language do you plan on writing your program in?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:33 AM

By the looks of Task 3, all "code" is supposed to be pseudocode. My guess is that AnnYzz is taking a very early intro to programming class that isn't even into using a programming language yet. (Which would explain why s/he doesn't know what repliers mean by "what language".)

@AnnYzz
It doesn't actually look like you need any programming help, you just need to follow the directions your teacher gave you. Take the diagrams that you have and write out the general steps for the "code" you need to write in task 3 using whatever guidelines your teacher has given you for how to write pseudocode.

But I think you're going to need to be more specific with what your teacher has taught you and kind of help you need if you want more helpful replies.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:54 PM

View PostAnnYzz, on 22 Jul, 2008 - 10:58 PM, said:

What do u mean by wot language it is in? Sorry I'm not of much help. Our prof hasn't explained our assignment to us, he teaches 2 programming classes, my class in d south campus and the other in d north campus.. and no1 in both classes understand what we have to do. They have given up but its worth 60% of our final marks so I'm trying.

Here is wot i hav so far
still workin on task 2 but its on paper

annyzz i'm having the same problem you had. How did you go about solving the JSP charts and the programming specification for each report. I looked at the charts what you did and seems more complex from what our lecturer explained, i'm more confused now. do u have any email i can contact you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:13 AM

This is an old thread. You may as well start a new one to get better answers.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1