• (2 Pages)
  • +

19 Replies - 1819 Views - Last Post: 20 November 2002 - 04:26 AM

• What?!

• View blog

Koeniedesign.com Alpha

Posted 13 November 2002 - 12:54 PM

www.koeniedesign.com

Can you please give me opinions and ideas about what to improve? This is NOT the definite version, just the alpha.

Koenie
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Koeniedesign.com Alpha

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Koeniedesign.com Alpha

Posted 13 November 2002 - 01:33 PM

it needs alot. awhole lot.

Usually when I see a popup, It seems as if there is barley any content within the page, like this one ( no offense ).
Noticing how there is very little content, its a bad idea to make it smaller by having 'mouse over buttons' that are small and square, which makes it even smaller, and less attractive. The only time ill use *unknown* square type navigation is when I don't have much room to work with, so its my only solution. But its not in your case, So i say fill up more room on the nav.
-Not only that, but if your site's goal is to attract clients to visit your portfolio (which im not sure your objective is) Hidden navigation *a.k.a nav without a name on the button* is VERY hard for standard users to use. Most won't recognize they are buttons (except for us people).

Second, you need more eye appeal. weather its graphics or flash.. just somthing. If you plan to keep it that size, and popup style, then at least put some kind of background on it. We all know Dragging things around is 'cool' but again, its not neccesary and it has very little point to your site.

We all hate splash pages that are meaningless. I do however enjoy splash pages soly for the purpose of selection (ex. High Bandwidth | Low bandwidth ) but yours again, isnt neccesary.

Hopfully this will help you achieve what your looking for.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• andydust.com

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2002 - 02:10 PM

i really like the javascript stuff, however im not too fond of the dissolve transitions.

the look of the site itself needs to be more graphical, try and devise a definate theme that the user will clearly be able to identify. im not too fond of red and white 2gether, but thats probably just me.
i dont think this needs to be in a popup either, and if ur gonna have a splash page u should at least say something bout how the site is quite javascript intensive, not everyone has it turned on.

i quite like the nav and im sure it'll be much better once u've done more to it.

( what happened to the snowy mountain idea u told me bout koenie, that seemed like a really good theme )
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2002 - 02:48 PM

nothing works in netscape. Bad, bad, bad.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2002 - 03:11 PM

i no longer give a shite about netscape.
it can kiss my ass.
its done. its over.
if you change code for it your wasting your time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2002 - 05:03 PM

capty, Moz/Netscape 6 blows IE out of the water. Don't be surprised if its user base begins to grow again.

If a site doesn't work in NS6, which is fully standards-compliant (well, as compliant as IE, anyway), then it has major problems. Older browsers, sure, ditch them. But don't shrug off NS6.

In any case, it's the javascript in the site that's screwing things up, which means that there's a problem with the javascript, not with Netscape.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 42. That's my final answer.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2002 - 05:24 PM

capty, i think i see your dignity... yeah, it's that thing that looks like a deflated balloon sticking out of your clothes hamper... pick it up and try not to lose it again. :lol:

dragging windows has become a gimmick. it's really not necessary, and i didn't even know you could until i read someone else's post.

make everything bigger and badder. you have a whole browser window to fill. look at it as a creative challenge. just about the only popup i like to endure is for Flash content, because of SWF filesizes.

and yes, more graphics.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2002 - 05:54 PM

i dont not see netscape ever becoming a major browser again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• nooneenooneenooonee
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2002 - 07:12 PM

The dragging window is pointless without more than one window on the page... It just makes the bage look blank.

The dhtml scrollbar is cool though...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• <title>Untitled Document</title>

• View blog

Posted 14 November 2002 - 01:41 AM

capty99, on Nov 13 2002, 06:54 PM, said:

You "don't" "not" see netscape ever becoming a major browser again.

That means you see netscape becoming a major browser again...

which is wrong,

because it is a major browser....

but Mozilla is better anyway, cross platform (you name it) and up to date on all the standards... and it doesn't suck like netscape 6 which happens to be what it started out as... at least gecko, the rendering engine...

anyway
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 14 November 2002 - 02:33 AM

koenie - I think it looks alright (ok there are some issues ^ ) but good start - I'm sure it will look good
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• What?!

• View blog

Posted 14 November 2002 - 05:39 AM

Quik, on Nov 13 2002, 10:33 PM, said:

it needs alot. awhole lot.

Usually when I see a popup, It seems as if there is barley any content within the page, like this one ( no offense ).
Noticing how there is very little content, its a bad idea to make it smaller by having 'mouse over buttons' that are small and square, which makes it even smaller, and less attractive. The only time ill use *unknown* square type navigation is when I don't have much room to work with, so its my only solution. But its not in your case, So i say fill up more room on the nav.
-Not only that, but if your site's goal is to attract clients to visit your portfolio (which im not sure your objective is) Hidden navigation *a.k.a nav without a name on the button* is VERY hard for standard users to use. Most won't recognize they are buttons (except for us people).

Second, you need more eye appeal. weather its graphics or flash.. just somthing. If you plan to keep it that size, and popup style, then at least put some kind of background on it. We all know Dragging things around is 'cool' but again, its not neccesary and it has very little point to your site.

We all hate splash pages that are meaningless. I do however enjoy splash pages soly for the purpose of selection (ex.  High Bandwidth | Low bandwidth ) but yours again, isnt neccesary.

Hopfully this will help you achieve what your looking for.

1. Splash page: In the (near) future, the splash page will preload all the images and maybe flash files containing sounds.

2. Pop up: I want to have a page without any browser scrollbars and other chrome. I want it to be a specific size.

3. Nav: I was doubting about the nav all the time. Do any of you have suggestions?

4. Graphics: There will be an interactive background with snowy mountains.

5. Draggable thingies: I LIKE DHTML!

6. Netscape compatibility: Internet Explorer kicks Netscape Navigators ass when it comes to DHTML.

Koenie
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 November 2002 - 11:04 AM

I like it but just a little more coler

R.C.G
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 42. That's my final answer.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 November 2002 - 11:16 AM

capty99, on Nov 13 2002, 06:54 PM, said:

seriously, shut it now.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 November 2002 - 08:44 PM

Koenie, on Nov 14 2002, 08:39 AM, said:

1. Splash page: In the (near) future, the splash page will preload all the images and maybe flash files containing sounds.

2. Pop up: I want to have a page without any browser scrollbars and other chrome. I want it to be a specific size.

3. Nav: I was doubting about the nav all the time. Do any of you have suggestions?

4. Graphics: There will be an interactive background with snowy mountains.

5. Draggable thingies: I LIKE DHTML!

6. Netscape compatibility: Internet Explorer kicks Netscape Navigators ass when it comes to DHTML.

Koenie

1. Ok, but even then you could have the preloader in the actuall 'popup' if you want it a popup that is..

2. No scrollbars? Make a *hidden* frame. When I say hidden, I mean the fact you dont recognize it as a frame, when it really is, but its sole purpouse is to remove the scroll bar

3. Suggestion is make buttons with text on them.. i cant give you ideas on what kind of buttons, but work with it.

4. Thats cool and all, but still seems that it requires a little more somthing on the front side.

5. Is that all DHTML is good for theese days ;) You realize its pretty dang easy to drag in flash.

6. Yes, but people like netscape.. there are people around that do. really!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +