TypeReader to PDF Batch Conversion

Hoping for code to do more than one file at a time

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 793 Views - Last Post: 25 July 2008 - 12:54 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

TypeReader to PDF Batch Conversion

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:41 AM

This is not a Java-specific question, but if it could be done in Java that would be my first choice. If not, then any pointers toward the correct language will be much appreciated.

I have about 1300 files presently in .TRF (TypeReader) file format. I am converting them to PDF files one at a time by opening them in TypeReader Enterprise 6.0 (an OCR program) and saving them in the PDF format.

It would simplify my life greatly if I could come up with a batch command of some kind that would allow me to process them more easily.

This is not homework, though I first found this forum when looking for help in that arena. :D

I called the company (Expervision) and left word for my original contact to call me back, but so far he has not seen fit to do that. In fact, their whole approach today seems to be one of "buy more stuff and we might condescend to talk to you." It doesn't make me eager to do more business with them. :v:

Thank you for any help or advice that you can offer.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: TypeReader to PDF Batch Conversion

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: TypeReader to PDF Batch Conversion

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:57 AM

Try TypeReader file.trf file.pdf
If this worked it will be easy to write any code automatically convert your files, if not open installing folder you might find something useful (some programs used console programs to do what they want in UI).

I never used TypeReader.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: TypeReader to PDF Batch Conversion

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:54 PM

View Postlordms12, on 25 Jul, 2008 - 08:57 AM, said:

Try TypeReader file.trf file.pdf
If this worked it will be easy to write any code automatically convert your files, if not open installing folder you might find something useful (some programs used console programs to do what they want in UI).

I never used TypeReader.

lordms12,

Thanks for your thought, but it is going to be considerably tougher than that. The best I can figure is the "programlet" will have to call TypeReader, open a file, cue TypeReader to do a "Save As," choose the PDF format, confirm that the PDF file name is the same as the original TRF file, close that file, open the next, repeat the process, etc.

The best I can hope for is that I could do it for one folder at a time. And even that may be optimistic. Wish me luck. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1