Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 399 Views - Last Post: 26 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Brand New To All Of It

Post icon  Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

[font=Times New Roman]
Hello,

I am brand new to the site and am just beginning my trek into the world of programming. I am thirty-two years old and plan on attending college for a computer science degree either next spring or next fall. I am trying to change careers and have always had an interest in programming. I am a father so school will be part time and take most of the remainder of my natural lifespan. :D

I have a few books on C programming, including the second edition of Ritchie and Kernighan's ANSI C. Until I enroll in school, I'll be trying to see what I can pick up on my own.

Thanks and bare with us newbies.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Brand New To All Of It

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Brand New To All Of It

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:51 PM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code Dogmasur, glad you decided to join us! Don't worry about being new, we all were new at one time, well except for Martyr2, jayman9 and I: we were born as programmers :P

Hope to see you around the forums :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Brand New To All Of It

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

Wadda bout ye, Dogmasur? Glad to make your aquaintance. Be assured, you're not alone here as a newbie...and don't feel too bad about starting programming at 32...I'm 47 & just start'n out :huh: You will find the other guys here are real genuine, and very helpful...certainly PsychoCoder & AdamSpeight, to name but a few. Take care, and all the best in your quest!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1