Free Code Converters

For those Lazy People

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

17 Replies - 1694 Views - Last Post: 26 August 2008 - 04:22 PM

#1 gbertoli3  Icon User is offline

  • DIC at Heart + Code
  • member icon

Reputation: 40
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,162
  • Joined: 23-June 08

Free Code Converters

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

Here is a small list that I have come up with.
Hopefully others will add to this list.

1)http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/csharp-to-vb.aspx
2)http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/vb-to-csharp.aspx
3)http://www.kamalpatel.net/ConvertCSharp2VB.aspx
4)http://codeconverter.sharpdevelop.net/SnippetConverter.aspx

Now the rest is up to you.

This post has been edited by gbertoli3: 03 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Free Code Converters

#2 RodgerB  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

Reputation: 66
  • View blog
  • Posts: 2,284
  • Joined: 21-September 07

Re: Free Code Converters

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:17 PM

That's neat, I personally didn't think they'd be very useful and contain bugs, but it seems to me that they've actually done a very good job ( the first link ). I just did it using C# to VB.NET with API and it did it well.

Thanks for the link. I don't think this is the right section though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 gabehabe  Icon User is offline

  • GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon




Reputation: 1377
  • View blog
  • Posts: 10,951
  • Joined: 06-February 08

Re: Free Code Converters

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:50 AM

Moved to the corner cubicle :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 dineeshd  Icon User is offline

  • member icon

Reputation: 38
  • View blog
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 30-June 08

Re: Free Code Converters

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:00 AM

View Postgbertoli3, on 4 Aug, 2008 - 11:29 AM, said:

Here is a small list that I have come up with.
Hopefully others will add to this list.

1)http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/csharp-to-vb.aspx
2)http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/vb-to-csharp.aspx
3)http://www.kamalpatel.net/ConvertCSharp2VB.aspx
4)http://codeconverter.sharpdevelop.net/SnippetConverter.aspx

Now the rest is up to you.


Thanks gbertoli3. I was looking for something like this.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 Amadeus  Icon User is offline

  • g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

Reputation: 248
  • View blog
  • Posts: 13,506
  • Joined: 12-July 02

Re: Free Code Converters

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:57 AM

Just wondering why one would need to convert from C# to vb.net in any case...as both are .Net languages and use the same framework, what would the advantage be?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 gbertoli3  Icon User is offline

  • DIC at Heart + Code
  • member icon

Reputation: 40
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,162
  • Joined: 23-June 08

Re: Free Code Converters

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:16 AM

View PostAmadeus, on 4 Aug, 2008 - 05:57 AM, said:

Just wondering why one would need to convert from C# to vb.net in any case...as both are .Net languages and use the same framework, what would the advantage be?


The advantage is if you do not know c# or vb.net but you know the other you can convert the language you don't know into one you do know.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 dineeshd  Icon User is offline

  • member icon

Reputation: 38
  • View blog
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 30-June 08

Re: Free Code Converters

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:23 AM

View Postgbertoli3, on 4 Aug, 2008 - 08:46 PM, said:

The advantage is if you do not know c# or vb.net but you know the other you can convert the language you don't know into one you do know.


That is what exactly I use converters for. Bcoz I sucks in C#
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 gbertoli3  Icon User is offline

  • DIC at Heart + Code
  • member icon

Reputation: 40
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,162
  • Joined: 23-June 08

Re: Free Code Converters

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

If any one knows how to make one in VB.NET or in C# let me know, I am willing to help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 Mommy  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 7
  • View blog
  • Posts: 137
  • Joined: 04-August 08

Re: Free Code Converters

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:43 AM

This is awesome, thanks for sharing this with everyone :0.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 Amadeus  Icon User is offline

  • g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

Reputation: 248
  • View blog
  • Posts: 13,506
  • Joined: 12-July 02

Re: Free Code Converters

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:00 AM

View Postgbertoli3, on 4 Aug, 2008 - 08:47 PM, said:

If any one knows how to make one in VB.NET or in C# let me know, I am willing to help.

Make what...a language translator? you can make a relatively simple one by just parsing the input from the source files, although I believe M$ may actually have some sort of translation API as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 RodgerB  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

Reputation: 66
  • View blog
  • Posts: 2,284
  • Joined: 21-September 07

Re: Free Code Converters

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:51 AM

View PostAmadeus, on 4 Aug, 2008 - 10:57 PM, said:

Just wondering why one would need to convert from C# to vb.net in any case...as both are .Net languages and use the same framework, what would the advantage be?

The advantage (that I've spotted) is that, say if you've got a long class coded in C#, and you want to use it in a VB.NET application, you will be able to quickly convert it. It's not a matter of the reliance of the .NET framework, it's a matter of time, and sometimes you don't always get to pick which language you'd like to develop in. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 gbertoli3  Icon User is offline

  • DIC at Heart + Code
  • member icon

Reputation: 40
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,162
  • Joined: 23-June 08

Re: Free Code Converters

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:28 AM

View PostRodgerB, on 6 Aug, 2008 - 01:51 AM, said:

View PostAmadeus, on 4 Aug, 2008 - 10:57 PM, said:

Just wondering why one would need to convert from C# to vb.net in any case...as both are .Net languages and use the same framework, what would the advantage be?

The advantage (that I've spotted) is that, say if you've got a long class coded in C#, and you want to use it in a VB.NET application, you will be able to quickly convert it. It's not a matter of the reliance of the .NET framework, it's a matter of time, and sometimes you don't always get to pick which language you'd like to develop in. :)


That is exactly what I was thinking but somehow couldn't put it into words.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 PsychoCoder  Icon User is offline

  • Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

Reputation: 1638
  • View blog
  • Posts: 19,853
  • Joined: 26-July 07

Re: Free Code Converters

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:30 AM

View Postgbertoli3, on 4 Aug, 2008 - 05:47 PM, said:

If any one knows how to make one in VB.NET or in C# let me know, I am willing to help.


I have already made one. I think I might make a tutorial from it
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 gbertoli3  Icon User is offline

  • DIC at Heart + Code
  • member icon

Reputation: 40
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,162
  • Joined: 23-June 08

Re: Free Code Converters

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:50 AM

Here Are Some MoreEnjoy.

This post has been edited by gbertoli3: 24 August 2008 - 10:50 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 Jayman  Icon User is offline

  • Student of Life
  • member icon

Reputation: 418
  • View blog
  • Posts: 9,532
  • Joined: 26-December 05

Re: Free Code Converters

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:42 PM

I would have to agree with Amadeus, you don't need to convert the code at all.

The .NET languages are completely cross-compatible. Why translate from one language to the next, when you can simply create a DLL (Class library) of the C# class or VB.NET, add a reference to it in your VB.NET or C# project, use the Imports ('using' statement if in C#) statement to gain access to the DLL and then instantiate whichever class you are importing and away you go.

I don't see the point of having the code translated, unless it is for educational purposes. And even then, C# and VB.NET are very similar in syntax and with very little effort it could be understand, if there is some proficiency in VB.NET. I realize there are some differences between the two which can be difficult to understand, but for the most part the basic syntax is very similar.

But I digress, I just don't see the point of using a translator for .NET languages. My 2cents.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2