0 Replies - 3305 Views - Last Post: 05 August 2008 - 06:51 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

c# - Automation and Unit Testing Questions

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:51 AM

Hello guys.

It has been a while since I've last posted.
So let's cut to the chase. I would like to bring up the question related to how programmers test their code. I am working as automation test engineer and from my own experience I know that you use NUnit for unit tests. That's ok with me if we are talking about fixtures. Now, I have got two questions:
1. What are the areas you would most-likely miss. Like do you perform equivalence partitioning or boundary analysis, etc? In other words, what are potential realms where I can catch what you missed?
2. What tools do you use for testing of your code (I mean client-server applications based on Windows forms)? I personally make use of AutoIt, AQ TestComplete, and when needed I go for API calls ("users32.dll", it holds data about interface and controls).
3. I did not find NUnit so useful for my needs. Please elucidate if someone used it for testing (from the automation prospective rather then unit test).

Thanks a lot for replies.
P.S. Tools that are listed here are not means of ad. I use them extensively and I didn't mean to advertise them anyhow.

This post has been edited by davegeek: 05 August 2008 - 06:54 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1