• (970 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

14538 Replies - 284982 Views - Last Post: 28 June 2015 - 07:36 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Count to a million

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:10 AM

Yeah, i've been scouring this site and it seems like not much is happening recently, but i enjoy how helpful and respectful people are on here (at least so far) i started programming 4 months ago so it's nice to have people to ask questions if i don't understand something, also ive been trying to help other newbies with the knowledge i have as best i can :D

• Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:32 PM

14537. Yea, I don't find the time to spend on the rest of the forum as much as I used to, but things do seem to have died down a bit from what I've seen when I occasionally go look around. It is a pretty nice site. It's good that your trying to help others too. Going through other people's code trying to solve problems really is helpful for learning. What language(s) have you tried so far?

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:26 PM

I'm doing a course in C++/Games programming i've only been doing it for about 4 months now, i'm just about to finish a console sudoku game it's taken me a while to do it but that's because i was only doing it a few hours a day, i've been coding more recently. The last bit i need to do is the double checking functions but i'm enjoying the course so far and being able to create things out of thin air on the computer :D/>/>

It's funny because i remember before i took the course i tried to make a basic console calculator and for some reason i wasn't able to but if i did it now i'd be able to do it in no time at all :3

This post has been edited by Shadow-coder: 28 June 2015 - 06:27 PM

• Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:36 PM

14539. Nice. I started out with C++ as well. Got the basics of programming down, then due to a challenge here on DIC I tried out C# and did a little game it that. Found XNA (library for game programming stuff), leaned that, and have now moved on to some other stuff. But I pretty much fell into where C# if kind of my 'main' language at the moment. I'm wanting go and actually really learn a functional language. I've played with Haskel a little but that's about all.

And that's good! Shows your making good progress! I remember the last time I looked back on some old project I did. I was just like.... :bored:/> Wow. that's... Yea, I've gotten a lot better. It can be kind of amusing to go back. And motivating near the start, to go and look at things you've done, and be able to say, "I can do that now." or "I can think of three ways to do that better.".

This post has been edited by .Aaron: 28 June 2015 - 07:37 PM

• (970 Pages)
  • +
  • « First