Just wanted to say thanks

(^'.')>-|----->

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 535 Views - Last Post: 11 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Just wanted to say thanks

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:54 PM

I Just wanted to thank every one for making this site so good. Thanks to this site and its resources i was able to finish my first screen scrapper.

The project basically has 3 console apps and 1 windows application

The first app collects the information i need and stores it into a xml database

The second app takes the longest to run because it downloads all the pages based on the info in the xml file while also editing the pages to remove things i don't want and making links local. this one is for making the pages and database from scratch and shouldn't need to run it again unless something happens to the whole. (currently downloading 32,147 pages slowly over the next 8 hours so i wont overload there server and so i can sleep and let it do all the work.:^:)

The third app will be for updating the database and pages

and the last windows app will be for searching the database and opening the page's.

i must say for something like this i really like the consoles and there so easy to set to run automaticly.

So again i say thank you. I was making this for myself and for fun and with this site i didn't get stuck for long and never got frustrated. I also learned a lot and can't wait to make my next scrapper a better one. :^:

This post has been edited by sired22: 11 August 2008 - 05:55 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Just wanted to say thanks

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Just wanted to say thanks

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:22 PM

Glad to ee that you found DIC of use. It is nice to know people appreciate our work.

Sounds like a pretty interesting application you made there. Though I probably didn't help out all that mcuh since it sounds like it was made in C/C++ (which I have just started learning myself) but it may be Java, either way I probably didn't personally help out there. But I am still glad that people here were able to help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Just wanted to say thanks

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

** Moved to Site Feedback **

Glad you got through your project with our help. :^:
Was This Post Helpful? 0