1 Replies - 1834 Views - Last Post: 12 August 2008 - 12:15 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Stuck in Visual Studios 2005 trying to deploy a C# program

Post icon  Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:01 PM

I know this will sound like an extremely foolish question, but I am having problems getting a C#.net program to deploy. What this means to me is I want to put the code in my website so others can click on the link and see the program I wrote work. I understand how to get this to work from the web side.

What I do not understand is how to create the EXE "or whatever kind of file" that the URL link from the website should point to.

To be very honest I would be willing to pay someone to help walk me thru this process.

Trying to learn C#.net and have been a mainframe programmer for many years.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Stuck in Visual Studios 2005 trying to deploy a C# program

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Stuck in Visual Studios 2005 trying to deploy a C# program

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:15 PM

Hello Thomas,

View Postthomas_HB, on 11 Aug, 2008 - 09:01 PM, said:

I know this will sound like an extremely foolish question, but I am having problems getting a C#.net program to deploy. What this means to me is I want to put the code in my website so others can click on the link and see the program I wrote work. I understand how to get this to work from the web side.

What I do not understand is how to create the EXE "or whatever kind of file" that the URL link from the website should point to.

To be very honest I would be willing to pay someone to help walk me thru this process.

Trying to learn C#.net and have been a mainframe programmer for many years.

Right click the Project in SolutionExplorer then select Publish. If that's not adequate then try creating a Deployment Project. Depending on the VS version you're using you might have to download the Add-In from Microsoft. Here's a link to the MSDN article on creating a Deployment Project in VS 2005. Here's the link for the Addin. Pretty much the same in 2008 except the Add-In is already included..

JW
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1