• (2 Pages)
  • +

22 Replies - 29582 Views - Last Post: 03 October 2014 - 06:20 PM

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Flash Tutorial Request Thread

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:34 PM

This is simple enough, this is the unofficial request thread for flash tutorials. While I may not be albe to help with every question/tutorial request that comes through here I am pretty sure there are a few kind souls in the DIC community who can help out as well.

As the title implies, this is an unofficial thread, and may not be stickied for a while, so we will try to keep it on the front page if possible without spamming it up.

Go ahead and request tutorials on topics you would like to see in the Flash Tutorials section that aren't already, or ask for a "going further" on an existing tutorial with what you are looking for in the tutorial.

Please refrain from double+ posting to keep the spam doen, you can edit your posts easily.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Flash Tutorial Request Thread

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Flash Tutorial Request Thread

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:51 PM

I pinned it for you Beta :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:34 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:40 AM

Could someone please write up a tutorial for a flash "slideshow" like the one on superherostuff.com (I believe theirs is made from javascript but I thought it was flash for quite sometime) . I've looked around at quite a few places for a good slideshow tutorial but all seem to simple and don't really have the functionality I want. I need each image to be a clickable link and would like the images and links loaded from an XML file, also the controlled scrolling is awesome. Anyways I think a tutorial for this could help a lot of people out.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:12 PM

Most of the tutorials I see about loading external text are ones that have the text load when the page loads. What I would like to see is something load when a user mouses over a hotspot. I've tried to adapt other tutorials but haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Something like that would be super helpful. It would be even more super helpful if what loaded from the external file would be html (but I have seen that code, where it can be set to load that text as html). Thanks!
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:07 PM

of anyone wants some help with action script 3.0 then PM and i'll help you
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:56 PM

View PostRickster0, on 23 Oct, 2008 - 03:07 PM, said:

I've spotted a site what totally took my breath away. http://www.chromazon...flashindex.html
I'm really curious on the techniques that's used for the site to make moveable/3d background. (papervision, actionscript)
Obviously my intention is not to copy this site just to know the Chef's secret.
Thanx in advance
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:23 AM

View Postchrisdegrote, on 18 Nov, 2008 - 03:56 PM, said:

View PostRickster0, on 23 Oct, 2008 - 03:07 PM, said:

I've spotted a site what totally took my breath away. http://www.chromazon...flashindex.html
I'm really curious on the techniques that's used for the site to make moveable/3d background. (papervision, actionscript)
Obviously my intention is not to copy this site just to know the Chef's secret.
Thanx in advance

I agree breathtaking!

I think a good stater tutorial would be a interative image gallery involving some 3d elments and or pop ups that zoom.
Was This Post Helpful? 1

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:40 PM

I am new to the world of Action scipting, especially Object Oriented Programming (OOP). I have found a lot of articles about OOP, but not a lot of tutorials and ZERO video tutorials on "how to's".

I think it would be very benificially if someone could help those learning on how to set up OOP files and maybe use some "bread and butter" OOP. Like everyone should use this OOP class for this, and use this OOP class for that. Anyone can explain the power of OOP, but I think it would help a lot if someone could show OOP in action, simple and with some must haves in our libraries.

Thanks!
Desiree
www.desireeford.com
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

View Postdesireerose, on 11 Oct, 2009 - 06:40 PM, said:

I am new to the world of Action scipting, especially Object Oriented Programming (OOP). I have found a lot of articles about OOP, but not a lot of tutorials and ZERO video tutorials on "how to's".

I think it would be very benificially if someone could help those learning on how to set up OOP files and maybe use some "bread and butter" OOP. Like everyone should use this OOP class for this, and use this OOP class for that. Anyone can explain the power of OOP, but I think it would help a lot if someone could show OOP in action, simple and with some must haves in our libraries.

Thanks!
Desiree
www.desireeford.com

This is a great tutorial that may get you started. My apologies if you didn't want gaming, but that is the example used :)

http://gamedev.micha...ame-tutorial-1/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• ???
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:30 AM

View PostBlackPhoenix, on 13 Oct, 2009 - 08:26 AM, said:

This is a great tutorial that may get you started. My apologies if you didn't want gaming, but that is the example used :)

http://gamedev.micha...ame-tutorial-1/

I agree, i have also started with this tutorial after struggling with some other resources.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• RISC Architecture is going to change everything.

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:53 AM

What about a guide on beginning Flash when already familiar with other languages?

I'll help whoever is willing to field this with a few questions I have.

Question 1:
First off, I know Java, C++, PHP, and a few other languages besides. So far, Flash looks a lot like Java, even using a lot of similar syntax. What are the key similarities and differences between Java and Flash?

Question 2:
Flash is a proprietary language, and as such has a ridiculously expensive retail IDE. I've installed a 3rd Party IDE (FlashDevelop) in lieu of forking out bags of cash. Am I going to be at a disadvantage in learning the language and working with it?

Question 3:
I've looked for a syntax reference, but haven't found anything. Is there any platform for Flash similar to the Java SDK Developer Documentation Library (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/index.html)?

Question 4:
I have a project in mind which will interface with a database. Does Flash natively work with SQL/MySQL, would this need to be handled with a fix like the connector/j for Java, or is database support not an option at all?

Question 5:
Most of my work has been with console applications or applications with little graphical design. Where might I find more information on just drawing in Flash?

Question 6:
I'm sure I have some misconceptions about what I need to get started. What I have are a server and FlashDevelop. I've also installed the files detailed in the setup for FlashDevelop. What am I missing/overlooking?

Question 7:
What words of advice or pearls of wisdom would you share with me?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:30 AM

Hi. I am looking for a tutorial or a program that lets you take a image and makes it appear like if you drawing it. Kinda like fade in but like using a mask that reveals it self in small parts at a time.. thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 Guest_SQHR*

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:40 AM

Learn Macromedia Flash from basics till advanced from one source :

Learn to Flash
Was This Post Helpful? 1

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:40 PM

I recently did an Accordion Menu in Flash, if you guys know what that is. I've been thinking about maybe doing a tutorial on it, because it really is rather simple and looks great!

If anyone's interested that is?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +