My Web SIte Is Slow!!!

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 531 Views - Last Post: 26 August 2008 - 08:19 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Slow Web Site

Post icon  Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:33 AM

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a tool out there that will tell you what is slowing down your web site?

You can check my site out here. Tell me if you think it's slow.
Redi

Thanks,

Its driving me mad!!! :crazy:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Slow Web Site

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Slow Web Site

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:39 PM

It is probably because of the use of AS on your site. Depending on what it is attempting to do you may have trouble with it slowing things down. Additionally it depends on how large your file is that you are trying to show. I suggest spltting the files out into pages so that you can load the home page inside of a contianer then have the contianer load the other pages as you click links.

At this point I would agree that things are VERY slow on your site so look into the above tips.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:00 PM

View PostBetaWar, on 22 Aug, 2008 - 12:39 PM, said:

It is probably because of the use of AS on your site. Depending on what it is attempting to do you may have trouble with it slowing things down. Additionally it depends on how large your file is that you are trying to show. I suggest spltting the files out into pages so that you can load the home page inside of a contianer then have the contianer load the other pages as you click links.

At this point I would agree that things are VERY slow on your site so look into the above tips.

Thanks, but I've done that already. It seems that when I keep using the site for awhile then it slows down. Do you know of a way to empty cache or memory out of flash so that it deosn't slow down? Or maybe of some way to optimize what I've got?
Thanks Again,
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:25 PM

The best way to optimize is to make sure htat you are deleting any and all movieclips not being used on each page, unlinking swf files that are loaded, using streaming music (if you have music playing), setting up a single onEnterFrame function that does all the updates for the page and making sure to have the file size as small as possible.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:19 AM

View PostBetaWar, on 25 Aug, 2008 - 03:25 PM, said:

The best way to optimize is to make sure htat you are deleting any and all movieclips not being used on each page, unlinking swf files that are loaded, using streaming music (if you have music playing), setting up a single onEnterFrame function that does all the updates for the page and making sure to have the file size as small as possible.

Thanks, I had a repeat piece of code that was slowing things down.

Cheers
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1