3 Replies - 708 Views - Last Post: 26 August 2008 - 03:16 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Please review the site that I made

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:05 PM

Hi,

Please review my site. I made this for my client. Your comments and suggestions will be beneficial for this site's development. Here is the url:

GSSI website

Thanks,

Ryan
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Please review the site that I made

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Please review the site that I made

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:09 AM

The skin looks pretty good overall but there are a few points I would like to bring up.

First off you use .png images fro transparency, but you must realize that IE doesn't support .png transparency until IE 7, which a lot of theworld is hesitant to downgrade to. By this I mean that I am still using IE 6 whenever possible. So I suggest implementing the IE .png fix (can be found in the Javascript Snippets section of this site). Secondly, your main content holder has a top margin that is pushing the dropshadow up about 10 pixels from the the rest of the side, this makes it look a little wierd.

On your cotact us page your text for "Contact Us" is getting cut off at the top of the content paragraph. Additionally your Copyright and Designed by statements at teh bottom of the page are being cut in half.

I would suggest giving your navbar a backgrounf of some kind (other than white) and moving the text up about 2 pixels. Additionally look into getting the gradient to match up better with the dark grey of your banner image. (So that it looks more like the bottom navbar)

Hope that helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:48 PM

beta, get off the 6 man. the 7 is usable now and your holding the rest of the world back by using 6.

I no longer design for 6 and even my corporate buddies are now being allowed to move past it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:16 PM

I continue to design for 6, and I also make sure things work in 7 and Mozilla. But I am not going to upgrade my browser as of yet. 7 annoys me.

While I use pngs with transparentcy I try to minimalize the amount of color differences bbetween them and the background so it will be only really noticable when the user scrolls and all of the sudden something that should be transparent is blocking say a portion of the background. Most of the time I don't even worry about getting the JS fix inplace for things as it is easy enough to break out of and that makes the images look a little wierd.

I am planning on moving on once 8 gets here.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1