to Chris and Josh

• (2 Pages)
  • +

21 Replies - 1265 Views - Last Post: 14 January 2002 - 09:04 PM

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

to Chris and Josh

Posted 14 January 2002 - 07:57 AM

I must say I'm terribly disappointed with what you guys did to Nighthawk in the "perfect girl" thread. It's a shame that you would ruin a potentially helpful, respectable community by spewing out truckloads of crap and driving people away. You act like children who think it's fun to talk as dirty as possible, which shows an incredible immaturity and misunderstanding of real life. Not only that, but you're hurting people with your words and actions.

I like this community, but if you guys can't get your act together I think I'll follow Nighthawk's lead and leave you to wallow in your infantile practices.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: to Chris and Josh

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: to Chris and Josh

Posted 14 January 2002 - 08:12 AM

I'll get in trouble for saying this... but if she wasn't such an easy target... we wouldn't pick on her. Josh and I just get pissed when she uses our sayings/words/ideas/concepts/mannerisms/behaviourisms/etc. Here and in real life. It's like, we have our own style and ways and when someone copies or steals those they are a 'poser' or one who acts like someone they are not. Nighthawk wants to fit in so she does things like the rest of us here, but we know the real her... and if we didn't... we wouldn't care, because we don't know the real her, but her behaviour online is far different than that in real life and it pisses Josh and I off a bit.

Anyway, You can kick my ass at work nighthawk.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2002 - 02:58 PM

Quote: from skyhawk133 on 9:12 am on Jan. 14, 2002
I'll get in trouble for saying this... but if she wasn't such an easy target... we wouldn't pick on her. Josh and I just get pissed when she uses our sayings/words/ideas/concepts/mannerisms/behaviourisms/etc. Here and in real life. It's like, we have our own style and ways and when someone copies or steals those they are a 'poser' or one who acts like someone they are not. Nighthawk wants to fit in so she does things like the rest of us here, but we know the real her... and if we didn't... we wouldn't care, because we don't know the real her, but her behaviour online is far different than that in real life and it pisses Josh and I off a bit.

chris said everything there is to say, we dont know the real nighthawk, cause, their is no real nighthawk.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Microsoft.Whore

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2002 - 03:43 PM

well, i'd appologise for those asses, but that just wouldn't help.  i for one like miss nighthawk and hope that her departure from the site is only temporary.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2002 - 04:36 PM

Awe guys...come on
Why do you have to be like that.  I guarantee each and everyone of you...have hung out with each other...and eventually you all pick up mannerism's, guestures, even phrases that you all say...for instance WOOT.  So harping on someone because they may say a word or use a word that you use...should be a compliment to you.  And Chris should know her pretty good anyway...you guys are/were close friends.  
When you start using "editing god-like power" to change what people say or what they mean...that just isn't cool at all. Especially when it hurts people.  Constructive criticism is one thing...but what you guys did...
so not cool, especially in the presence of the whole fricken population of the site. :no:
But that's just my opinion.  

(Edited by lesham at 6:37 pm on Jan. 14, 2002)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2002 - 05:02 PM

1. she wasnt kicked, she can come back at any time, if she so chooses.(just gettint it out there)
2. it wasnt kool what so said about chris, for whatever reasons, telling what was on the pamphlet and calling him it, without even knowing what the word was, or when it should be used is something she needs to watch out for.
3. i'm not appologizing, so if thats what she wants, from me and chris, sorry.
4. no it wasnt kool to do it in front of the site. but, nothin else worked.
5. whens the last time an infant used the word equestrifile ;)
6. uhh, no ones ever taken credit for w00t.
7. well, when you guys see the offline nighthawk, you'd prolly understand what chris and i are pissed off about. till then, i dont know, go watch tv or something.
8. its w00t, not WOOT.
9. ....
10. i dont know, 10 just seemed like a good number to get up too.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2002 - 05:25 PM

I don't care what your reasons were, or who wronged whom first, and I'm not saying that she has no blame in the matter. But no one deserves to be maliciously (and publicly) treated the way you guys did her, especially over something as trivial as imitating you. Not only does it demonstrate your immaturity, but also your incapacity to handle the little "power" that you think you have over people just because you run a website. Give me a break, d.i.c. is not the be-all and end-all of websites, and no one cares that you can ban/edit/whatever. What we do care about (at least I do) is that you treat your guests and friends with respect and show some dignity. Without that, your little empire here will either die or simply be full of people as rude as you, and what fun is that?

Sorry for the rant, I just hate seeing people be so nasty to each other.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2002 - 05:31 PM

would this be the same dignity and respect she showed chris? just a thought, we coulda got much more brutal, coulda been a whole demodding/banning fiasco, but no, we edited a post. a post which could be, and was edited to say nothing a little while later, we didnt exactly stick her picture up on the site with the words poser across the face. and no, dic isnt the no-all end-all of websites, it is what it is, and we know this, and treat it as such, but ####, say something like that about the webmaster, specially when he was just asking what was on the pamphlet, is unacceptable.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2002 - 05:41 PM

Quote: from supersloth on 6:31 pm on Jan. 14, 2002
would this be the same dignity and respect she showed chris? just a thought, we coulda got much more brutal, coulda been a whole demodding/banning fiasco, but no, we edited a post. a post which could be, and was edited to say nothing a little while later, we didnt exactly stick her picture up on the site with the words poser across the face. and no, dic isnt the no-all end-all of websites, it is what it is, and we know this, and treat it as such, but ####, say something like that about the webmaster, specially when he was just asking what was on the pamphlet, is unacceptable.

Actually, I'd rather you went on a banning/demodding fiasco, not because I want her gone, but because it would have at least been an *honest* way of handling it. Like I said before, I'm not laying the blame all on your side, but at least let people's words be their own; you could have *responded* to her message instead of editing it and making her look worse...

in my humble opinion :)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2002 - 05:44 PM

point taken into consideration, and will be thought of next time this happens. now lets let this thread die, because its over, and nothings gonna change it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2002 - 05:45 PM

okie :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2002 - 05:59 PM

That right there was the main reason, there had been no name calling until she called me what she did.... I accept and can handle a LOT of insults... but what she said was NOT appropriate in the least. I was highly offended by it... she just got a dose of her own medicine... when you fuck with the ops, you are taking a risk... that's the nature of the net.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 42. That's my final answer.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2002 - 06:08 PM

chris, there is no shame in liking horsies. :biggrin:

j/k man DONT BAN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XpiratecoreX

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2002 - 06:14 PM

baha*

*this ones for you slothy, dont think i'm a poser :biggrin:

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2002 - 06:20 PM

The difference between you using 'baha' and her calling me an 'equestrifile' is 'baha' isn't offensive, nor illegal... capiche? :)

Jain, I'm going home now, I expect an email waiting for me so I have SOMETHING to do tonight :)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +