Feedback

which probably wont be acted on, but I want to say some stuff

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 470 Views - Last Post: 03 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Feedback

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:30 AM

I haven't been here very long but I think I have some useful feedback.

First of all, I found this site from google. I was (as I do very often) trying to get a very obscure question answered. Although I didn't get it answered here I realized the potential of this site and immediately registered (which I usually don't do).

Second, the navigation has been heavily modified. It is difficult to find things. It just isn't natural. Half the navigation on the left with the online list and some more navigation on the right, and a little at the top just to really confuse everybody.

Third, giving new members the title "D.I.C. Head" can be a little... confusing. What does DIC stand for? Am I being called a dick head? Only after a couple hours did I realize that it stands for Dream In Code...

On the positive side, I have gotten several very frustrating questions answered. I am supportive of DIC and I probably will mention it to my programming friends.

Anyhow, that's what I had to say. B)

This post has been edited by Andora: 01 September 2008 - 12:32 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Feedback

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Feedback

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:55 AM

D.I.C Head
Dream In Code Head
When I signed up, it didn't even have the dots~ it was just DIC Head. But people complained, so Chris (the guy who owns the site) had to change it. -_-

The navigation is actually quite easy, once you get used to. It may look a little cluttered, but everything you need is there, no matter what page you're on.

Down the left hand side, you have the individual forums, followed by who's online.

At the top, there are various links to different features of the site. Blogs, Forums, etc.

And on the right, it's the most popular stuff. Cheat sheets, the most popular tutorials and snippets, etc.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Feedback

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

honestly, this site never has had the prettiest design, but it portrays a ton of info pretty effectively. its a hodgepodge of forum software and custom scripted parts that are tied together sometimes pretty loosely but have to be aggregated somehow.

even though i'm always down for a re-design... i think you will get used to it pretty quickly. one of those where we force you to like it, because the effort it would take to change it is out of sync with the possible benefits.

my 2 cents from a non admin
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1