Moving rollOver links: From dynamic text

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 2887 Views - Last Post: 04 September 2008 - 11:57 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Dynamic Text links Move

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:35 PM

Hi,

I've got this dynamic text that loads into my web site. I haven't been able to fix it though.

What happens is when I roloOver the link moves to the right.

Does any one know the solution?

faqTXT=<textformat leading="0"><p><span class="FFFFFF">1. Question: My MP3 Player wont turn on (no red power light), what's wrong?<br></span>Answer: Your battery may be low; try using a new battery.<br><br><span class="colorGreen">2. Question: What software should I use to add and remove music from my MP3 Player?<br></span>Answer: If you are using Windows, you should use Windows Media Player to copy tracks off a CD and if you are using a Mac, you should use iTunes. Instructions on using these programs and then transferring the songs to your MP3 Player can be found in the <a href="http://www.redi2play.com/documents/manual.pdf" target="_blank" >user guide</a>.<br><br><span class="ffffff">3. Question: What audio formats does the MP3 Player accept?<br></span>Answer: The MP3 Player can accept both MP3 audio files (a common audio format) and Windows Media Audio (WMA) files.<br><br><span class="colorGreen">4. Question: I downloaded music files onto the MP3 player, but the music isn't playing and the red light stays on. What am I doing wrong?<br></span>Answer: The MP3 player only accepts MP3 audio files and Windows Media Audio (WMA) files. If the music files you downloaded are any other format, they will need to be converted before the MP3 player will play them. Some files that you download may be copyright protected. In order for the music files to play they must be non-protected files.<br><br><span class="colorGreen">5. Question: How do I find mp3 files on my computer?<br></span>Answer: On a computer running Windows, go to the Start button, select "Search," click on "Pictures, music or video," check the Music box and then click the Search button. This will bring up all the audio files on your computer. Open a new Windows Explorer window and browse to the MP3 player. From the search window, select the songs you want to transfer and drag them to the player window.<br><br><p><span class="colorGreen">6. Question: Where can I download new music?<br></span>Answer: Go to: <a href="http://www.essentialplaylist.com" target="_blank">www.essentialplaylist.com</a><br><span class="FFFFFF"></p></textformat>

I've also attached the word document.

You can check the online mistake here.
Use the top right menu and go to "Redi Support". You'll see the text there.
Click Here to Launch Site

Thanks,

This post has been edited by bmcc81: 02 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Dynamic Text links Move

#2 BetaWar  Icon User is online

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Dynamic Text links Move

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:40 AM

I think it may have something to do with your CSS, I can't be sure but that would make the most sense to me. I don't think it is anything to do with flash (though it is very possible that there is something wierd about the way flash interprets links...)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:55 AM

View PostBetaWar, on 3 Sep, 2008 - 05:40 AM, said:

I think it may have something to do with your CSS, I can't be sure but that would make the most sense to me. I don't think it is anything to do with flash (though it is very possible that there is something wierd about the way flash interprets links...)

This even happens when I don't preview it through a Browser. Simply I test the movie it also does this. I don't think it has anything to do with the CSS.

This is all I have in my CSS.

p {
font-family: "Arial";
font-size: 13px;
}
a:link {
color: #E1EB8B;
text-decoration: none;
}
a:hover {
color: #C9DA2A;
text-decoration: underline;
}
.hilight {
font-weight: bold;
}
.alignRight {
text-align: right;
}
.colorGreen {
color: #C9DA2A;
}

That doesn't seem to me that it would do anything.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 BetaWar  Icon User is online

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:41 AM

Hm, it looks like it almost has to be Flash initializing the links, and adding an additional space in front of them. So, maybe it is a bug with Flash's HTML parser?

Actually when looking at it closely, it appears that the underline and the text are being offset from eachother, when youu mouseover the link it moves over a little, but the underline stays where it should be. This may be because it is to close to the rest of the text and have to be moved over, so maybe try adding 2 spaces between text and links.

Not sure if that will work, but I hope it helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:57 AM

View PostBetaWar, on 4 Sep, 2008 - 05:41 AM, said:

Hm, it looks like it almost has to be Flash initializing the links, and adding an additional space in front of them. So, maybe it is a bug with Flash's HTML parser?

Actually when looking at it closely, it appears that the underline and the text are being offset from eachother, when youu mouseover the link it moves over a little, but the underline stays where it should be. This may be because it is to close to the rest of the text and have to be moved over, so maybe try adding 2 spaces between text and links.

Not sure if that will work, but I hope it helps.

Thanks but no such luck. Strange... N e other ideas?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1