3 Replies - 11254 Views - Last Post: 14 September 2008 - 04:02 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Startposition toolstrip in toolstripcontainer

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:54 AM

I have a small problem, each time when I open Visual Basic 2008 en open the program where I was working on, the toolbars (3 toolbars) are not at the right place they should be.

The first one is, but the other two toolbars are positioned under the first toolbar.

How can I make it that when I start the project in visual basic 2008, the toolbars are displayed correctly next to each other? (The docking of the toolbars is none, do I need to change that to something else?)

Thanks.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Startposition toolstrip in toolstripcontainer

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Startposition toolstrip in toolstripcontainer

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:08 PM

I forgot to tell that I've made a toolstripcontainer and within the container i've placed the toolstrips. But when I try to embed them to the container a new toolstripcontainer is being created for each toolstrip.

This isn't right is it?

Please help guys.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• class Me : Perfection
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:24 PM

I have made an application with tool strip containers, and the same happened to me. Every time i opened my project, the tool strips would be positioned one under another, and i know of no way to fix that.

With your other problem, to embed all the tool strips in one container, simply add a container to your form (do not click the embed in toolstripcontainer link on the tool strips) then, expand a side using the little arrows, and drag the toolstrip into the space that expands. It will then be embedded in the container, and you can do this over and over with as many tool strips as you like.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:02 AM

View Postjacobjordan, on 6 Sep, 2008 - 02:24 PM, said:

With your other problem, to embed all the tool strips in one container, simply add a container to your form (do not click the embed in toolstripcontainer link on the tool strips) then, expand a side using the little arrows, and drag the toolstrip into the space that expands. It will then be embedded in the container, and you can do this over and over with as many tool strips as you like.

I've done what you said, but the problem remains. I position the second toolbar next to the first one (behind it), save the project and close it, when I reopen the project, the second toolbar is beneath the first one and not where I saved it.

This is a real problem, I think there is a bug in Visual Basic 2008 express, because I've tried almost everything.

Please help someone.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1