3 Replies - 731 Views - Last Post: 09 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

which is best suted for web development

Post icon  Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:46 AM

hi i would like to know which is the best language to learn for web development.
actually i have to develop my college website and looking forward to know which is the best suited language.
i have moderate knowledge on HTML.

i would be pleased if you help me and guide me in my process

thanks in advace..

looking for your valuable suggestions
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: which is best suted for web development

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: which is best suted for web development

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:49 AM

Try to implement some latest technologies like web 2.0 in ur website for making site better.... u can use ajax and javascript for making the website neat and simple to use as like gmail and other google sites...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:55 AM

it depends really - if you don't need it to be updated on the fly, or 'dynamic' I would just stick to html, css and at a stretch javascript. I would keep the language count low on your first project as you don't want to be deterred or confused by a lot of debugging.

However, if you're feeling like a mercinary rouge coding demon sent from the helms of windows to bring web 3.0 to the world, and won't heed to such 'sensible talk'.... or something... I would recommend learning PHP as, from my own personal point of view, it is an extremely quick and easy language to pick up - others will argue their own languages ofc.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

You will probably have the best luck starting with (X)HTML. Learn all the basics and then the CSS structure. Do a few projects and get comfortable with the code in a straight text editor. Then try any WYSIWYG web program that you have available. Try Expression Web and Dreamweaver. The WYSIWYG web software is great but if you don't understand (X)HTML then your guaranteed to have trouble because if you need to fix anything in the CSS, Ajax/Spry or html you won't know where to even look, let alone fix anything.

And as a bonus/reward, you will appreciate Dreamweaver or one of the other great programs out there when you see how powerful those programs can be.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1