Installation file

How to create installing file in SharpDevelop

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 3814 Views - Last Post: 11 September 2008 - 10:15 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Installation file

Post icon  Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:51 PM

I've just finnished a program using SharpDevelop, and I want to create a real program for it(forgot what that process is called).
Isn't there a function to just create a ready-to-install program that I can just upload to my server and spread around?

My question is, how do I create a installation file so that I can spread my program now (using sharpdevelop, but I guess it should be quite similiar to VS.NET 2005).

btw, I'm using sharpdevelop 3

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Installation file

• member icon

• View blog

Re: Installation file

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:55 AM

That process is called "Setup & Deployment". In Visual Studio you can easily do that using the Setup & Deployment wizard. Check the below link..

http://www.dreaminco...mp;#entry380439

But no idea how it can be done in sharpdevelop. May be you need to use some third party tool like InstallShield
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:55 AM

sharpdevelop what is it i dont know but if it is C# saying like that
you can create a installation file that will install your application on users computer ,then their is two way first using C# 2005 Express just open your project then go to "Build" menu then go to "Publish" you will get a publish wizard and follow the instructions and click Finish ,you will get a setup.exe of your application but i like the second way, if sharpdevelop is something else you can use the second way .Creating installer using installer program that you may find using google or their are many of them AdvanceInstaller,Installation wizard,etc address of advanceinstaller: http://www.advancedinstaller.com

If it is C# ,what ever way you use for creating installer don't forget to add .netframework 2.0 as it is needed by your application your user or clint must have .netframework V2.0 in their computer otherwise your application will not run now their is .netframework V3.0 also

In C# 2005 Express you can also go to your properties and from properties page select Publish.

I hope it will work :^:

This post has been edited by debjit625: 11 September 2008 - 03:05 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:52 AM

I use SharpDevelop, and as far as I know, there isn't an option to create an installer. You should be able to find a free installer creator somewhere on the web though :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:30 AM

Hi its debjit I found what is sharpdevelop 3 so use AdvanceInstaller http://www.advancedinstaller.com download the freeware from the site or use any installer software.

Thanks because for you i found what is sharpdevelop 3.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:05 AM

Advanced installation demands that you purchase their product lest you make phony trial installers.
Any freeware out there?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:15 AM

NSIS?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +