Anyways I've started rebuilding the game in Visual Basic, however I am very new at Visual Basic and Programming in general. So I really need some help. So far I've put a few things together, but like I said I don't know enough to put the whole thing together. So those of you with XP, please check out the game, because when I recreate this I need to be able to create it and make it work exactly how you see it.
So far I have created the tile pieces for the game, I've put together a basic menu like the one you see in the game, and the Exit, and About options are the only one's that work so far. This is what I still have to do:
- Place all tiles on the board randomly filling a 20*10 setting or 25*15
- Make New Game option replace the current game with a new randomly placed set
- Make Replay option start the current board over
- Option Undo should be able to back the player up through their last 10 moves
- Option Score should list the 10 highest scores
- Option Information should list each tile piece and what they represent
- Sound Options are not so important, it will most likely irritate my friend
- Under the Size option under Option menu the game should start as regular where I have 20*10 tiles on the mat. Large should set it to 25*15. Also I would like the game to remember what it was set on the last time
- Tiles are not important seeing as she'll only play the game one way
- I need a score system one that will recognize when a tile is clicked on, it will recognize how many of the same tiles are touching its side and highlight them and calculate a score based on this formula n²–3n+4
For example if you select Tile A and there are six other tile touching on the sides (corners don't count) it should be 7²–3*7+4 = 32, and it needs to highlight all seven of those tiles and change the background color to white.
- It needs to be setup so that double clicking the highlighted tiles removes them from the board, and whatever the points total for that selection should be added to the total score.
- If someone selects a set of tiles, but they don't want to remove them then selecting another set of tiles will remove the highlight from that one and place it on the new set you just clicked on, or just remove the selection period.
- I'm not so worried about help or about options at the moment
- Set up a ranking system for the high scores where it will figure out if you score is higher than any of the ten there it will prompt you for your name if so, and place it in the correct rank. Also include a feature to clear the high scores
Thanks for any help you provide I am looking forward to getting this completed.
Edit: By the way I am writing this in Visual Basic Express 2005, however I can move it over to VS 2005 Pro edition if need be. Let me know if that will help.
This post has been edited by webmin: 11 September 2008 - 05:45 PM