VB6 FILEHANDLING

how to getdata and put that data in those controls using file handling

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 2138 Views - Last Post: 14 September 2008 - 03:48 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

VB6 FILEHANDLING

Post icon  Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:39 AM

Hi All,

I have 3 forms.
In form1 i have added 1 text box beside that i have kept 1command btn I enter some number in text box(ex:-say 23) then i click the command btn.

After that i wil go to Saveform(This is 2nd form) in this form i have added 1 text box and 1 command btn by name Save In this Saveform i wil go to text box and i wil write some name (ex:-XYZ->This is nothing but the file name) then i wil click Save btn then the file wil get saved (Well i know how to save the files. I hvve saved this file as a text file ).

Now i wil go to 3rd form(its name i have given as Recall), this form contains 1 FileListBox control and one command btn by name Recall. From FileListBox i wil select any 1 file which i had saved in SaveForm by clicking save btn by name XYZ(now i wil select XYZ file only).
I konw how to select the file And i have selected the XYZ file from FileListBox which is present in Recall form. The file wil get selected.

Now my problemb is When i select the file in recall form and i say recall the file will get selected.
Afer selecting the file whatever the values are present in that XYZ file should get replaced inside the Text box(i.e i had given the value as 23) of Form1. whenever i call this file that is afer a month(or any time) also i can call this file that time it replace the values in that form1's text box...

That is how to get the values from a file and place it inside of those particular controls

Please Someone kindly help me
Thanks in Advance
Seema

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: VB6 FILEHANDLING

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: VB6 FILEHANDLING

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:16 AM

Hello im sorry that i cant help,

BUT i need to know how to save files and the grab them again, and u sed u know how, can u help me pleasE?

I need to save a scores into a file then i need to get the scores out of the file so i can rank them as 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th etc.

Please help
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:39 PM

guys

there are different modes in opening a file
use the object broweser in vb6 to know that
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• printf("I'm a %XR",195936478);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:48 AM

Read the File Handling in Visual Basic 6 Part 1 - Sequential Files Tutorial.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1