redaing files datewise

reading files datewise from a directory in borland c++

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 831 Views - Last Post: 15 September 2008 - 12:42 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

redaing files datewise

Post icon  Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:29 AM

I want to read files from a directory datewise . Is there any function which reads file in datewise ? I tried FindFirstFile windows function but it is reading namewise only. If anybody knows any function for this ,please let me know...?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: redaing files datewise

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: redaing files datewise

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:37 AM

View Posthaneeshkb, on 15 Sep, 2008 - 12:29 AM, said:

I want to read files from a directory datewise . Is there any function which reads file in datewise ? I tried FindFirstFile windows function but it is reading namewise only. If anybody knows any function for this ,please let me know...?

Hi.

What I would do is make a struct/class for file data, then create an array of that struct/class, and fill the array with (info about) files in the directory. Then sort the elements in that array by date.

Some info the struct/class might include are "filename, fullfilepath (for easier access to it and less typing when u need to manipulate it), date", etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: redaing files datewise

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:42 AM

View Postruslan40, on 15 Sep, 2008 - 12:37 AM, said:

View Posthaneeshkb, on 15 Sep, 2008 - 12:29 AM, said:

Hi.

What I would do is make a struct/class for file data, then create an array of that struct/class, and fill the array with (info about) files in the directory. Then sort the elements in that array by date.

Some info the struct/class might include are "filename, fullfilepath (for easier access to it and less typing when u need to manipulate it), date", etc.

actually this folder is getting file in every second .
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1