Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Yahoo Tracking Code not working

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Yahoo Tracking Code not working

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:58 AM

Why don't you post the code you've written in an attempt to resolve this and we will help the best we can. Most of us will not download a file from someone we don't know. When posting your code, remember to put it in code blogs to make it easier for us to read, like so => :code:

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:30 AM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 16 Sep, 2008 - 01:58 AM, said:

Why don't you post the code you've written in an attempt to resolve this and we will help the best we can. Most of us will not download a file from someone we don't know. When posting your code, remember to put it in code blogs to make it easier for us to read, like so => :code:

Hi

here is the code

strHtml += "<script LANGUAGE='Javascript'>" & vbNewLine
		strHtml += "<!-- Overture Services, Inc" & vbNewLine
		strHtml += "var pm_tagname = 'conversionTag.txt';" & vbNewLine
		strHtml += "var pm_tagversion = '1.3';" & vbNewLine
		strHtml += "window.pm_customData = new Object();" & vbNewLine
		'strHtml += "window.pm_customData.segment = 'name=conversion, transId=<jsp:getProperty name=''order'' property=''orderID''/>, amount=<%=new java.text.DecimalFormat('0.00').format(cart.getServiceFee()+cart.getShippingTotal(order)+cart.getSubTotal()+order.getTax()-order.getDiscount())%>';"
		strHtml += "window.pm_customData.segment = 'name=conversion, transId=" & order.OrderID & ", amount=" & Format(order.getServiceFee() + order.getShippingTotal() + order.getSubTotal() + order.getCalculateTax - order.Discount(), "#.00") & "';" & vbNewLine
		strHtml += "// -->" & vbNewLine
		strHtml += "</SCRIPT>" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine
		strHtml += "window.ysm_customData.conversion = 'transId=" & order.OrderID & ",currency=USD,amount=" & Format(order.getServiceFee() + order.getShippingTotal() + order.getSubTotal() + order.getCalculateTax - order.Discount(), "#.00") & "';" & vbNewLine
		strHtml += "var ysm_accountid  = '*****';" & vbNewLine
		strHtml += "document.write(""<SCR"" + ""IPT language='Javascript' type='text/javascript'""" & vbNewLine
		strHtml += "+ ""SRC=//"" + ""srv3.wa.marketingsolutions.yahoo.com"" + ""/script/ScriptServlet"" + ""?aid="" + ysm_accountid " & vbNewLine
		strHtml += "+ ""></SCR"" + ""IPT>"");" & vbNewLine
		strHtml += "// -->" & vbNewLine
		strHtml += "</SCRIPT>" & vbNewLine

thanks

This post has been edited by Notasco: 16 September 2008 - 07:32 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:33 AM

Now for question number two, how is it not working? Are you getting any errorsa, what isnt it doing that you need it to do? Also, this line

'strHtml += "window.pm_customData.segment = 'name=conversion, transId=<jsp:getProperty name=''order'' property=''orderID''/>, amount=<%=new java.text.DecimalFormat('0.00').format(cart.getServiceFee()+cart.getShippingTotal(order)+cart.getSubTotal()+order.getTax()-order.getDiscount())%>';"

Tells me this is JSP and not ASP.NET? Am I correct?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:48 PM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 16 Sep, 2008 - 07:33 AM, said:

Now for question number two, how is it not working? Are you getting any errorsa, what isnt it doing that you need it to do? Also, this line

Tells me this is JSP and not ASP.NET? Am I correct?

Hi

The Problem is The Yahoo conversion tracker script is not working

not tracking

it is Asp.net

Thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:53 PM

Since this is Yahoo!s product have you read their documentation on how to implement their technology?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 Guest_fakecoder*

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

@PhycoCoder : Do you actually have any idea about ASP.NET script and JSP script ?
On top of that : The problem clearly states that yahoo tracker is not working.
There's something going on between ASP.NET script and yahoo tracker for which for some reason its not working as it was suppose to.
If you do not know the right ans PLEASE STOP WASTING PEOPLE'S TIME by sugesting posting in different way. To some people unlike you the solution matters the most other than just the rank itself.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:30 AM

The code that has been posted is a combination between Javascript and VB.NET
Sometimes it's confusing when you combine different languages together like this.
I would almost say that this question would be better posed to Javascript experts as opposed to ASP.NET experts but for some reason you seem to believe that there is a problem between how ASP.NET uses Javascript.

So I'm going to clarify this.
Javascript runs in the web browser.
ASP.NET technology is server-side technology.

These two things operate in completely separate environments!

Yes, you can dynamically generate Javascript in your VB.NET code (as is being done here) but that doesn't mean that ASP.NET is the cause to your problem.

I think that it may be the way that you are generating the following line:

strHtml += "window.ysm_customData.conversion = 'transId=" & order.OrderID & ",currency=USD,amount=" & Format(order.getServiceFee() + order.getShippingTotal() + order.getSubTotal() + order.getCalculateTax - order.Discount(), "#.00") & "';" & vbNewLine

Or this line:
strHtml += "window.pm_customData.segment = 'name=conversion, transId=" & order.OrderID & ", amount=" & Format(order.getServiceFee() + order.getShippingTotal() + order.getSubTotal() + order.getCalculateTax - order.Discount(), "#.00") & "';" & vbNewLine

Are you sure that you have these strings correct?
Did you check your page code to see what it looks like (maybe you're missing a quote or something)?
Have you considered trying Javascript debugging tools like the ones that come with IE8...or downloading FireBug if you prefer FireFox? (I think Safari comes with debugging tools, and I know that Chrome has some thing to give you a hand).

I would recommend using the Javascript debugging tools to determine why your script is not working client side. If you find Javascript errors while using the Javascript Debugging tools we may be able to help you figure them out...but, if after you've debugged the code, and and you still can't determine the reason for why it's not working, I recommend that you contact the vendor (Yahoo) for help.

This is not an ASP.NET problem.

-Frinny

PS. Fakecoder, you have to remember that all members on forums are volunteering their time to do the best they can at helping people find a solution to their problem. If the original post does not contain enough information to give help to the question, as is the case here, the volunteers have to prompt more information out of the original poster. Sometimes this is hard to do. But the process is not a waste of time to try. Sometimes the original poster simply has to rephrase the question so that people reading the question can understand the problem... sometimes they can't do this (due to language barriers or the simple fact that they don't know how to ask a question). If you think you understand the problem better than the volunteers attempting to help the person then it would be a lot nicer if you simply rephrase the question with your understanding of the what you think the problem is... it would be even better if you knew the answer ;) but in this case you clearly do not.

This post has been edited by Frinavale: 10 June 2010 - 07:31 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1