Audio programs?

what are your preferences?

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 1248 Views - Last Post: 22 January 2003 - 08:44 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Audio programs?

Posted 16 January 2003 - 09:01 AM

Just wondering how many audio techs are out there, i haven't noticed much posting in the a\v area. What are your favorite programs for multi-tracking, edditing, and\or composing. Here's my arsonal,
-Steinbergs Wavlab 3.0-
-Pro Tools-
-Fruity Loops 3.0-
-Finale 2003-
-Sonar 2.0-

I'm new here under this alias. If anyone remebers me by my old name BlueCubeStudios, i'm me, but now I don't like the sun.
peace -Brendan-

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Audio programs?

• 42. That's my final answer.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Audio programs?

Posted 16 January 2003 - 10:05 AM

my brother is sending me Reason 2.0 soon. it's supposed to be really good. i have Acid Pro 2.0 as well, but i wish it had more filters and effects. anyone know if Acid filters work like Photoshop filters -- just added as plugins?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• ive told capty to change this 30k times, but he's a fag

• View blog

Posted 16 January 2003 - 10:53 AM

Recording programs:
Pro Tools - Free Version is decent, HD is amazing and 24-mix is pretty awesome as well. only problem is the hardware for the good versions is pretty pricey. great sound quality.
Cubase - a good program, reverb is killer (crazy germans), just not up there with pro tools.
Digital Performer - not many people know about this, but a lot of the big studio guys in dallas are moving to this program. i haven't had too much experience with it, but the stuff it produces is amazing.

Loops:
Acid Pro - this is pretty much the only loop program i mess with. i've found that reason and fruity loops are a bit too cheesey for my tastes.

Sampling
Tascam Gigastudio - some studio pros i met in nashville told me about this and trust me, it is awesome. amazing amazing samples.

Mastering:
Samplitude Pro - i guess the big program out right now is sound forge, but i never cared for it too much. same guys that told me about gigastudio told me about this and it's pretty awesome for mastering. i haven't gotta use it too much cause it's not often that i have to master a cd.

as far as live stuff goes, the band generally runs all our loops (symphonies, drum loops, etc. ) from itunes on our ibook from the stage and just crank up the mix in our in-ear monitors.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2003 - 08:44 AM

ya, plug ins are similar to that of photo shop. Just search google for VST plug-ins, drag them into the plug-ins folder with the program you want, and bam, they are there. Some programs have search options that will just find all the plug-ins on your computer and use them. I'm not very familiar with Acid, though it works this way with all the other audio programs I've used.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1