• (3 Pages)
  • +

33 Replies - 4260 Views - Last Post: 04 February 2003 - 02:49 PM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Thoughts on IRAQ.

Posted 27 January 2003 - 11:15 AM

Well, what do you think? Im talkin about everything involved in what CNN calls the 'showdown: IRAQ'

What do you think about this whole situation? The weapons report, war, etc..
Anyways, I expect afew paragraphs from at least afew members on here.

Lookin forward to a read!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Thoughts on IRAQ.

• Check, check, 1, 2.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Thoughts on IRAQ.

Posted 27 January 2003 - 11:22 AM

Gheigh. Gheigh gheigh gheigh gheigh.

I think we should keep our nose out of other people business and stop acting on personal vendettas and watch our ass cause N. Korea is about to Nuke Seatle.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 27 January 2003 - 11:59 AM

the only country to fire a nuclear missle at people (that i'm aware) is USA...so bush should be the last person to be banging on about weapons of mass destruction..

I don't agree with s.hussain but I think america should not go alone... see if the UN backs them first. - although god have mercy on IRAQ if they pick a war with america and UK !!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• <title>Untitled Document</title>

• View blog

Posted 27 January 2003 - 12:00 PM

I think preemptive action of this violent nature is a bad idea. It's going to give them more reason to do what they're doing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 42. That's my final answer.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 January 2003 - 12:02 PM

maybe you all have forgotten what a vicious animal Saddam Hussein is. this is a guy who dropped nerve gas on thousands of his own civilians. killed them all. he invaded Kuwait, destroyed parts of Kuwait City, and set fire to every oil well he could before retreating. he also had a massive stockpile of serin, a deadly chemical weapon, which has disabled thousands of US troops who were present in the area of his weapons depot. you don't think Saddam would arm terrorists? you don't think Saddam would use chemical weapons? and are we stupid enough to believe that a killer like that has suddenly gone soft and given up on his dream of developing deadly chemical agents?

i'm not in favor of war, but i'd rather see Iraq brought to its knees and assimilated into other neighboring countries than see Saddam Hussein continue his reign. because sooner or later, he will attack someone, and probably with chemical weapons.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 27 January 2003 - 12:06 PM

Well, we get to find out soon enough......waiting for the UN Security Council to say something......
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Touched by his noodly appendage

• View blog

Posted 27 January 2003 - 12:07 PM

I agree with JareDigital for the most part, but my solution would be different than the way the US seems to want to go about it.

I would simply "remove" saddam, as well as all his advisors and whatnot, instead of going in with force and killing many more people than is neccesary.

I have a question for the US government though; How come it seems that they beleive they are the only power on the planet who have the right to bear nuclear and biological arms?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Encrypted

• View blog

Posted 27 January 2003 - 09:37 PM

if they can hold off on the war for about 3 years, i'll be happy with us going to war... 'cause i'll be serving and i'd love to go over there and prove myself for the country i live in. but it's not up to me :(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 27 January 2003 - 09:39 PM

I am canadian..

i think Bush should give the UN Wepons inspectors more time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

Posted 28 January 2003 - 09:27 AM

Acid Reign, on Jan 27 2003, 02:07 PM, said:

I would simply "remove" saddam, as well as all his advisors and whatnot, instead of going in with force and killing many more people than is neccesary.

they tried that already, and failed.

so now it's just easier to drop a bunch of bombs and hope that Hussein gets killed in the process--however, I wouldn't count on that too much, considering that the whereabouts of Bin Laden are *still* unknown.

Jared: I agree that Hussein is a monster and needs to be stopped.

*however*

I believe that unilateral action by the US without the support of the rest of the civilized world is not only wrong, but it is irresponsible and shortsighted. One of the reasons the UN exists is to keep order so that one country doesn't go stomping all over things uncontrollably. If we disregard the institution just because it doesn't serve our purposes, then what's the point? What gives the US the right to disregard ALL of the other members, tell us that we're ALL wrong, and that it is going to decide the course of our future for us?

Seems to me that Iraq isn't the only country that needs a regime change.

*cough*
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 28 January 2003 - 09:46 AM

:lol: v.true
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 42. That's my final answer.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 January 2003 - 10:15 AM

klewlis, on Jan 28 2003, 10:27 AM, said:

*however*

I believe that unilateral action by the US without the support of the rest of the civilized world is not only wrong, but it is irresponsible and shortsighted. One of the reasons the UN exists is to keep order so that one country doesn't go stomping all over things uncontrollably. If we disregard the institution just because it doesn't serve our purposes, then what's the point? What gives the US the right to disregard ALL of the other members, tell us that we're ALL wrong, and that it is going to decide the course of our future for us?

Seems to me that Iraq isn't the only country that needs a regime change.

*cough*

hehe, i wonder if i know who that *cough* is directed towards... :lol:

and i agree the UN should make the decision to go to war, not 2 countries. however, i think the whole weapons inspection process is incredibly ridiculous. i mean, how hard could it be to camouflage a small chemical weapons facility in a residential area? we are inspecting known facilities, and failing to take into consideration the deviousness of the Iraqi regime. just because UN inspectors don't find any evidence of weapons of mass destruction doesn't mean that there aren't any. i find the whole situation to be horribly flawed, and i REALLY hope no one has to experience a surprise chemical attack just because Iraq wasn't defeated the first time around.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 January 2003 - 10:34 AM

If I recall correctly, the weapons inspectors found some proof that Iraq has chemical warheads, chemical and biological agents, etc. etc.

This is my thing, the UN sets the requirements and time and time again, Iraq doesn't meet them, either screw the requirements or screw Iraq. If you can't live up to your end of a bargain (the UN) then accept the fact that you gotta kick some Iraq ass! If you don't want to, don't bother looking around for something you know they already have.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pirate Medic
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 January 2003 - 10:35 AM

If sadam was smart he would attack first using a blitzkrieg on the troops in kuaitt cause if we attack first he is fuxored. or did people forget that the UN had a 6 month buildup last time. we have what 40,000 troops in kuait with more on the way he has 400,000 with another 200,000 reserve if you hit the US Hard Right now there would be no way that we could keep up throwing bodies at the Iraqi army. Shure we have Air Power but Vietnam taught us that air power is not everything,
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• nooneenooneenooonee
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 January 2003 - 08:04 PM

I'm twisted around the situation... but I will say this, no matter what we decide to do airing our attack plans on CNN proberbly ins't the best idea!

Now for the other BS that is going on:

What the heck is the Idea behind "American Idol 2?" do they really think people want toi see it again? or any reality show for that matter? The first time it my be unique, but after that is just becomes the normal crap... just get back to scanning european TV and find something the us hasn't seen yet!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +