A simple question

from a simple person

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 1298 Views - Last Post: 04 February 2003 - 06:29 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

A simple question

Posted 04 February 2003 - 05:26 PM

I don't do much with Flash. I can do simple tweens and stuff. Recently someone asked me to change a homepage and I have it about done, but I needed some navigation. The current homepage, http://goatclan.com, has a flash menu on it and I would like to keep it the same roughly, except that some of the links are outdated and Lee (my nephew who made it and a DIC member) cannot find the source and neither can I. So, being the lazy slob that I am, I went to FlashKit to find one. I found a nav that, with a few changes, would look decent. Problem is, I don't know how to make the buttons go to the correct page on the site. This is the nav I chose: http://www.goatclan.com/best.zip. I tried using the GetURL, but it just loaded the URL I put in automatically once it was done loading. I thought it was the tell target command or something like that. If anyone can help it would be appreciated. Or if you just put a generic link in it and email it to me, I could probably figure out the rest.

Thanks

P.S. Please use small words. I haven't used Flash in about two years and I can't remember most of the commands.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: A simple question

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: A simple question

Posted 04 February 2003 - 05:55 PM

Each element should be a 'button' and when you go to the properties of the buttons you can select onclick, onmouseover, onmouseout, etc. etc.

It has to be onclick...

I can't help you beyond that cause I haven't opened flash in over a year.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?

• View blog

Posted 04 February 2003 - 06:14 PM

I've heard of progs out there which will rip a new source from a complied Flash movie. (Originally used to figure out how someone pulled off an effect; still immoral).

I'm not sure if that would help, but it'd prolly be quicker than re-making the whole #!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 February 2003 - 06:29 PM

skyhawk133, on Feb 4 2003, 06:55 PM, said:

Each element should be a 'button' and when you go to the properties of the buttons you can select onclick, onmouseover, onmouseout, etc. etc.

It has to be onclick...

I can't help you beyond that cause I haven't opened flash in over a year.

I saw where the button properties were, but it will not let me add an action there for some reason. There was no keyframe in the "hit" box, but when I put one in there, I still have all of the basic actions greyed out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1