How to embedd a movie in visual basic 6.0

Visual Basic

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 5110 Views - Last Post: 17 October 2012 - 06:48 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to embedd a movie in visual basic 6.0

Post icon  Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

Hello there! I'm Rhaver from the Philippines and I was a in programming visual basic. I have a question to ask.

How can I embedd a movie in a visual basic? For example, I would like to watch a video that was running in the visual basic..
And how can I connect the two forms like linking to each other? And lastly, how can I drag command button to fit in a textbox.. Could you give me sample of a code in each. Thanx!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to embedd a movie in visual basic 6.0

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to embedd a movie in visual basic 6.0

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:42 PM

To insert a video into your project you just need to right click your toolbox and click "components" from the menu. There look for a control at the bottom of the list called "Windows Media Player". Check the checkbox and click ok. It will add a control to your toolbox. Drag that control onto your form and this control has properties which you can access including playing videos, music etc in a variety of formats.

The answer to your second question is that you don't. You can simulate a button in a textbox by simply overlapping the button over the top of the textbox. But as far as putting the button physically into the textbox you can't. You could create a custom control which mimics this functionality but again you would only pretend that the button is in the textbox by overlapping them and then saving the custom control as a whole.

Hope that helps answer your questions. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:14 PM

To insert a video into your project you just need to right click your toolbox and click "components" from the menu. There look for a control at the bottom of the list called "Windows Media Player". Check the checkbox and click ok. It will add a control to your toolbox. Drag that control onto your form and this control has properties which you can access including playing videos, music etc in a variety of formats.

Then use the below code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
WindowsMediaPlayer1.URL = "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Sample Music\Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 (Scherzo).wma"
End Sub 

-Best wisehs :^:
Akhilesh B Chandran
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

View Postakhileshbc, on 30 September 2008 - 11:14 PM, said:

Then use the below code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
WindowsMediaPlayer1.URL = "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Sample Music\Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 (Scherzo).wma"
End Sub 
i want play a video after specific time like 5.oo in evening then some other video at 2.00 in afternoon this way can it be done using a timer .when the timer triggers then video will be played please help..asap

-Best wisehs :^:
Akhilesh B Chandran

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• "Hurry up and wait"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

@drashti bhuta, if you have nothing significant to add to a 4 year old thread, please do not post.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1