guys help me in my thesis

coin activated personal computer

Page 1 of 1

14 Replies - 3156 Views - Last Post: 09 October 2008 - 02:06 AM Rate Topic: -----

#1 marjz  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: 03-October 08

guys help me in my thesis

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:34 AM

hello guys i am a graduating this student in IT we are required to do our thesis

so my thesis is all about the coin activated personal computer with internet cafe management system!!!

this system enable the user to insert a coin to the computer so that the computer will be able to use by the user for

a predetermined time for a fee.

can you give me an idea to do this thesis???

tnx for your help guys!!!!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: guys help me in my thesis

#2 AmitTheInfinity  Icon User is offline

  • C Surfing ∞
  • member icon

Reputation: 119
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,565
  • Joined: 25-January 07

Re: guys help me in my thesis

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:38 AM

What kind of help you are expecting? I don't think you need any big application for that. Just a simple electronic gadget and this can be done.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 marjz  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: 03-October 08

Re: guys help me in my thesis

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:52 AM

View PostAmitTheInfinity, on 3 Oct, 2008 - 01:38 AM, said:

What kind of help you are expecting? I don't think you need any big application for that. Just a simple electronic gadget and this can be done.





help for doing the whole system because we were going to use VB 2008 and sql server 2008
i have no idea for this system
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 no2pencil  Icon User is offline

  • Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

Reputation: 6627
  • View blog
  • Posts: 30,868
  • Joined: 10-May 07

Re: guys help me in my thesis

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:55 AM

View Postmarjz, on 3 Oct, 2008 - 04:52 AM, said:

i have no idea for this system

... so please explain how you are graduating, & yet you have no idea?

How are you going to find work after you are done with school?!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 marjz  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: 03-October 08

Re: guys help me in my thesis

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:59 AM

View Postmarjz, on 3 Oct, 2008 - 01:52 AM, said:

View PostAmitTheInfinity, on 3 Oct, 2008 - 01:38 AM, said:

What kind of help you are expecting? I don't think you need any big application for that. Just a simple electronic gadget and this can be done.





help for doing the whole system because we were going to use VB 2008 and sql server 2008
i have no idea for this system






can you tell me what i going to do or whta the process in making this system???
We need to know what the process is???
tnx!!!!

View Postno2pencil, on 3 Oct, 2008 - 01:55 AM, said:

View Postmarjz, on 3 Oct, 2008 - 04:52 AM, said:

i have no idea for this system

... so please explain how you are graduating, & yet you have no idea?

How are you going to find work after you are done with school?!




oh sorry i have a small idea but im so confused for the process in doing this sytem because my groupmates cannot help me in doing this system.
my former professor in VB was not so good in this programming language
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 AmitTheInfinity  Icon User is offline

  • C Surfing ∞
  • member icon

Reputation: 119
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,565
  • Joined: 25-January 07

Re: guys help me in my thesis

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:01 AM

I am not sure how VB 2008 and sql server 2008 will be able to implement the tool which will actually make PC as a coin based [time based] system. But it will surely help you to keep records of which PC was alloted to whom at what time. You can make a system to maintain records of whole cafe.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 marjz  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: 03-October 08

Re: guys help me in my thesis

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:07 AM

View PostAmitTheInfinity, on 3 Oct, 2008 - 02:01 AM, said:

I am not sure how VB 2008 and sql server 2008 will be able to implement the tool which will actually make PC as a coin based [time based] system. But it will surely help you to keep records of which PC was alloted to whom at what time. You can make a system to maintain records of whole cafe.





Do you what the name of the hardware they use in a ny coin activated machines???
I really like to do this system but i dont have enough knowledge and money to create this system
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 marjz  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: 03-October 08

Re: guys help me in my thesis

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:12 AM

View PostAmitTheInfinity, on 3 Oct, 2008 - 02:01 AM, said:

I am not sure how VB 2008 and sql server 2008 will be able to implement the tool which will actually make PC as a coin based [time based] system. But it will surely help you to keep records of which PC was alloted to whom at what time. You can make a system to maintain records of whole cafe.



is this system feasible??
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 AmitTheInfinity  Icon User is offline

  • C Surfing ∞
  • member icon

Reputation: 119
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,565
  • Joined: 25-January 07

Re: guys help me in my thesis

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:56 AM

You need to dig up what exactly your requirement is. If you have this basic requirement of cutting connection after specified time [like coin box telephone booths.] then it is surely possible. If you need some advanced messages on system[like time out warnings on PC screens] then you need to have some embedded system stuff [small microcontoller] in it which will communicate with PC where your application will do appropriate actions based on info sent by this microcontroller.

This is what came out of my mind randomly. You need to think over it very much to find out cases like these.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 marjz  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: 03-October 08

Re: guys help me in my thesis

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:02 AM

View PostAmitTheInfinity, on 3 Oct, 2008 - 02:56 AM, said:

You need to dig up what exactly your requirement is. If you have this basic requirement of cutting connection after specified time [like coin box telephone booths.] then it is surely possible. If you need some advanced messages on system[like time out warnings on PC screens] then you need to have some embedded system stuff [small microcontoller] in it which will communicate with PC where your application will do appropriate actions based on info sent by this microcontroller.

This is what came out of my mind randomly. You need to think over it very much to find out cases like these.




in our system we have 30 seconds warning sound before the time ends up so how can we do that???
if the times up the pc will be disable so that the user cant use again the pc but they can use it again if they insert again a coin
do you what the name of this hardware we have to use so that we can canvass it???
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 akhileshbc  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 9
  • View blog
  • Posts: 179
  • Joined: 27-September 08

Re: guys help me in my thesis

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:46 AM

I think this Thread is most suited in VB.Net Forum.. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 sastre06  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 2
  • View blog
  • Posts: 81
  • Joined: 05-June 07

Re: guys help me in my thesis

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:11 AM

View Postmarjz, on 3 Oct, 2008 - 01:34 AM, said:

hello guys i am a graduating this student in IT we are required to do our thesis

so my thesis is all about the coin activated personal computer with internet cafe management system!!!

this system enable the user to insert a coin to the computer so that the computer will be able to use by the user for

a predetermined time for a fee.

can you give me an idea to do this thesis???

tnx for your help guys!!!!



I saw it everyday here in our country, just nearby in our house
they said that, they took the parts of an arcade console and connected into the power source of the system unit.
You can do that, with the help of an Electronic Technician.

The process of coin operated personal computer:
step1: Buy a token to the counter
(Example Ratio: 1 token = $1, 1 token = 5 hours)

Step2: Insert the token
(The coin operated machine will now read and scan ONLY the coin that is registered into that machine)

step3: Timer will now start and it will stop after your 5th hour
(the timer cannot be stop)

The Problem:
The customer wants to reserve his time to use it on the other day, but the timer will continue unless it is in the 5th hour. What will you do to stop the time, and reserve the remaining time?

This time, i will answer my own problem.

my answer:
Use the "Internet Cafe management system".
But, that was a waste of time.
Why don't you try to include in your "Internet Cafe management system" the "Customer Account"


My idea that will help you:
Replace the "Coin operated PC" with "Customer Account", the point is, the customer of that internet cafe will now have their own credit card from you, and it will be load up anytime.

Process of User Account
step1: The customer will buy an Account from the counter, and it will be loaded up according to the customer's decision.
(the credit card contains: Customer Name, Account/PIN number, and other related information)

step2: The customer will type his Account/PIN number in your "Internet Cafe Management System".
(The load of the credit card will continuously subtract over time)

step3: The customer can log out and reserve his remaining time anytime.



*Note
Don't use 2 systems that has a same function
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 marjz  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: 03-October 08

Re: guys help me in my thesis

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

View Postsastre06, on 4 Oct, 2008 - 10:11 AM, said:

View Postmarjz, on 3 Oct, 2008 - 01:34 AM, said:

hello guys i am a graduating this student in IT we are required to do our thesis

so my thesis is all about the coin activated personal computer with internet cafe management system!!!

this system enable the user to insert a coin to the computer so that the computer will be able to use by the user for

a predetermined time for a fee.

can you give me an idea to do this thesis???

tnx for your help guys!!!!



I saw it everyday here in our country, just nearby in our house
they said that, they took the parts of an arcade console and connected into the power source of the system unit.
You can do that, with the help of an Electronic Technician.

The process of coin operated personal computer:
step1: Buy a token to the counter
(Example Ratio: 1 token = $1, 1 token = 5 hours)

Step2: Insert the token
(The coin operated machine will now read and scan ONLY the coin that is registered into that machine)

step3: Timer will now start and it will stop after your 5th hour
(the timer cannot be stop)

The Problem:
The customer wants to reserve his time to use it on the other day, but the timer will continue unless it is in the 5th hour. What will you do to stop the time, and reserve the remaining time?

This time, i will answer my own problem.

my answer:
Use the "Internet Cafe management system".
But, that was a waste of time.
Why don't you try to include in your "Internet Cafe management system" the "Customer Account"


My idea that will help you:
Replace the "Coin operated PC" with "Customer Account", the point is, the customer of that internet cafe will now have their own credit card from you, and it will be load up anytime.

Process of User Account
step1: The customer will buy an Account from the counter, and it will be loaded up according to the customer's decision.
(the credit card contains: Customer Name, Account/PIN number, and other related information)

step2: The customer will type his Account/PIN number in your "Internet Cafe Management System".
(The load of the credit card will continuously subtract over time)

step3: The customer can log out and reserve his remaining time anytime.



*Note
Don't use 2 systems that has a same function




oh that's a good idea but i think this is more complicatyed to do because we have to do first the credit cards so we have to create cards for that machine???
and i have to change agian my hardware to use???
what hardware is it???
is it more lesser than the coin hardware???
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 PsychoCoder  Icon User is offline

  • Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

Reputation: 1659
  • View blog
  • Posts: 19,853
  • Joined: 26-July 07

Re: guys help me in my thesis

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:37 PM

Moved to VB.NET :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 Damage  Icon User is offline

  • Lord of Schwing
  • member icon

Reputation: 300
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,989
  • Joined: 05-June 08

Re: guys help me in my thesis

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:06 AM

if you haven't got any hardware, any idea of where to get the hardware(and by the sounds of it, no real plan) why not design the system using standard pc's controlled off of a central server. They could pay up front and be a time slot for a certain machine could be entered into the system after which the server takes back control of the machine.

Easier to learn than interacting with hardware, especially if you don't know the language

This post has been edited by Damage: 09 October 2008 - 02:06 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1