linking boost

how to integrate boost library in project

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1012 Views - Last Post: 03 October 2008 - 03:00 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

linking boost

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:31 AM

Hi All,

I want to use Boost library functions for my project. hence I downloaded boost libraries and saved them one drive. When I want to use that library in my project, I've following settings:
go to properties>>C/C++ properties>>additional include directories and their I have given the path of .h header files of boost library where I have stored that and compiled, but, its giving an error can't include "xxxx" file.

Then I read that must provide the .lib files to be used but I haven't found any .lib files in the boost libraries folder. So Now what should I do can anybody suggest please.

Let me tell you I am using boost's filesystem library in my project.

Thanks in advanvce.

This post has been edited by shrilekh: 03 October 2008 - 02:35 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: linking boost

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: linking boost

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:30 AM

It's in the docs. I've not used Boost on Windows, so I'm not much help beyond that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: linking boost

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:00 PM

Some of the boost libraries require compilation before use. Examples of this are iostreams, regex, filesystem, serialization, etc. Read the docs on how to build it (its build process is unique). You'll have to download a tool called bjam in order to build it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1