9 Replies - 950 Views - Last Post: 07 October 2008 - 07:04 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

let me know what you think of my sigs

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:24 AM

hey all just wondering if you could let me know what you think of my sigs i have made

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: let me know what you think of my sigs

• lost in compilation
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: let me know what you think of my sigs

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:47 AM

They show effort for sure, but to be honest they are a little pixelated and rough on some of the edges. You may want to design them larger and reduce them to combat that or use png instead of jpg.

does the # have and significance?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 October 2008 - 11:25 AM

yes the number is my old army number and i just remmber it and use it as my username on most things also i disagree with you about them being pixilated as using png cuz i tried it to see if there was any difference and it turned out that with png 8 and png 24 on my last sig the purple one thats says kerri what happened with that was that the outerglow was more distorted with noise and if i tried to reduce the noise it affected the image i'm not disregarding your comments though i may take into account of making them bigger and using png in future to see how they turn out and you have probably been doing this longer than me as i have now been doing this for about 6 months i'm trying to find work in this area but can't seem to find any at the moment. but cheers for your comments.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:49 AM

View Post25164963, on 4 Oct, 2008 - 01:25 PM, said:

yes the number is my old army number and i just remmber it and use it as my username on most things also i disagree with you about them being pixilated as using png cuz i tried it to see if there was any difference and it turned out that with png 8 and png 24 on my last sig the purple one thats says kerri what happened with that was that the outerglow was more distorted with noise and if i tried to reduce the noise it affected the image i'm not disregarding your comments though i may take into account of making them bigger and using png in future to see how they turn out and you have probably been doing this longer than me as i have now been doing this for about 6 months i'm trying to find work in this area but can't seem to find any at the moment. but cheers for your comments.

Fly by comment - periods are great ways to create sentences! :ph34r:

This post has been edited by modi123_1: 07 October 2008 - 09:49 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:44 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 7 Oct, 2008 - 05:49 PM, said:

Fly by comment - periods are great ways to create sentences! :ph34r:

i'm sorry but is this an english lesson forum, or a graphic design forum who cares if i didn't put full stops at the end of my sentences, i'm not here to have my grammer checked, i'm asking for comments on my sigs.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:07 AM

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Barbarbar
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:07 AM

One of the things that you may notice about this forum is that users are generally far more reluctant to comment on posts with bad grammar.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:09 PM

oh well it's up to them at then of the day but there was no need for modi to take a pop at the grammer when i wrote that i was in a rush so it wont be perfect but oh well all i'm here to do is get feed back and comments on my sigs
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:55 PM

View Post25164963, on 7 Oct, 2008 - 02:09 PM, said:

oh well it's up to them at then of the day but there was no need for modi to take a pop at the grammer when i wrote that i was in a rush so it wont be perfect but oh well all i'm here to do is get feed back and comments on my sigs

No, my comment was totally necessary. You jam out a couple hundred words with no zero punctuation and expect folks to read it - let alone understand it? E.E. Cummings you are not my friend. Were those periods going to slow you down *that* much? :rolleyes: Then again I see the argument week in and week out from papers I occasionally grade.

I initially was going to formulate a comment from your response to William_Wilson and your original post but things broke down quickly. I had to comment on it and bolt.

Now let's get to your sigs.

#1. Not bad, but that concept of lightening and words have been done quite a few more times. Good start with the animation, but after a while it gets very old.
#2. Pretty basic here. The images on the left and right could be brightened up and made more apparent.
#3. I enjoy the font on this one, but that's about it. More lightening. Did someone just find that filter? Lol. ;)
#4. First off this is too large. Second the focus of the word 'Kerri' looks very strange hanging out there at the top. Yes, I know there is a reflection but seriously - the web 2.0 tutorials are floating around to show how to do a shallow reflection. I do not understand why the rest of the faded images are not mirrored in the same way as the 'Kerri'. It looks half finished that way.

Over all an okay first set, but nothing that blows my hair back. I would suggest avoiding the simple filters like lightening and make something original. Additionally remember what the focus of your sig is and draw attention to it, and not away (like in the last one). Speaking of the last one - a bit of symmetry with the wavy-reflection across the whole image would do it a world of good.. not to mention making the reflection substantially more shallow.

Das ist alles. :ph34r:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head MFIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:04 PM

While you might have taken it offensive, modi is only trying to help you get help. It's just like CAPS & l33t speak. Not using proper grammar on a forum (where reading & writing is the method of communication) will detour others from helping.

So, take it with a grain of salt, & get upset as you like, you have asked for help & he's helping. It might not be suggestions on your graphics, but he's just throwing his opinion out there.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1