2 Replies - 1829 Views - Last Post: 24 February 2003 - 03:57 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Fruity Loops Users?

Posted 11 February 2003 - 08:48 AM

hey b4 i get all into it, ne1 here know and use fruity loops, even a lil bit?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Fruity Loops Users?

• Pirate Medic
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Fruity Loops Users?

Posted 11 February 2003 - 10:28 AM

found a tutorial using a google search this was posted on another site posted by PaulyQ

origonal post http://pub116.ezboar...4.topic&index=1

NITTY GRITTY!!
1) Open Floops
Ok, you have the interface staring at you, with some strange little boxes and stuff, on the left a browser panel, in the middle a "sequence", more than likely with about 5 tracks( Drums and a TS404, we'll talk about adding stuff in a moment).
Left Click on one of the PATTERN buttons, to add a note, right click to take it off, EASY so far!!
Press the Play button at the top of the screen(please note, there is some little switchs that say "PAT" and "SONG", make sure that "PAT" is highlighted!!
That is Pattern No1, if you look to the top(middle) of your screen, there is a panel saying "1". Click the little up button, and you can start making other drum patterns!!
WANNA ADD SOME NEW INSTRUMENTS??
Lets make Pattern No2 a bit more exiting, if you right click on one of the big buttons, it should bring up a list of all the things you can add to a pattern. Pick out something like WASP or JX/DX, they are "Soft Synths", they will load up, click again on the bits of pattern that you want them in!
You now have 2 patterns, how do you put them together as part of the tune? You have hopefully by nw got a Drum patter from Pattern No1, and hopefully a Pattern of synths??
There are 5 buttons at the top right of the screen.
PL, SS, PR, SB and FX
Click on PL, The top line is pattern No1, the second No2 etc, you can rename these by right clicking on the text on the left!!
i.e. No1 could be called Drums, No2 could be called Synths etc.........
Play about and have fun, DON'T be afraid to experiment, it's the only way to learn!! I will update the rest of this by the end of October and add links to Piccies etc...........
You will find in time that most of the things in Floops is very methodical.i.e........I added an instrument, I made it sound good, do I want FX in it?, then plonked it in to the main player.(as I call it the composer).The more complex forms of production will be covered in a little more detail later, as will be Automaton of certain Plug-Ins(Whats a Plug-in you may ask??), have you always wanted that slow fade into a rave track that builds up, not just the volume but 3 synths in tandem, with that "strange" sort of pre-phased sound, all it takes is a filter, AUTOMATED!!
PART I CONT'D: - PIANO ROLLS
Easy these, you can compose chords, you can import scores, plonk in individual notes, pan, change vol etc... etc....
For starters, right click on the main button, move up to Piano Roll, a grid will be presented, make some notes, close the window then play it!! Not so difficult, if your a little more adventourous you can record these nots from your qwerty or MIDI synth by simply clicking on the record button(Top, middle of screen), press play, after a couple of seconds(you have an intro click sound) play notes to your hearts content. Press Stop!! It will now have recorded these notes as part of a piano roll.
More explanations of this section will be covered in the FX tutorial.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Fruity Loops Users?

Posted 24 February 2003 - 03:57 PM

sorry 4 the late reply, thx alot, helped me lot
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1