php programming , browser based game

creating a broswer based game in php

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 4787 Views - Last Post: 30 October 2008 - 08:44 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

php programming , browser based game

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:08 PM

i am somewhat new to programming , i really got into it playing games online and thought that it was something i could do , i have gone to the book store and bought lots of books on programming , ( c++ , php , java , java script )
and well i kinda have a grasp as to what funtions , variables and so on are , but my question is , : what exactly do you need to create a browser based game in php ? and can someone explain php to me a little better so that i can understand it , i mean i can write code to display in the browswer ( who cant , lol ) but as far as actual coding i am stumped ?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: php programming , browser based game

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: php programming , browser based game

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:57 PM

PHP Game Information
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:51 AM

All you need to make a browser based game is PHP, My SQL of course html and maybe CSS if you want it to look good! I too are new to programming and i am aiming to make abrowser based game. First though i would try and do some simple projects like making a simple game of tic tac toe then maybe make a game of tanks like scorched earth (a very popular game in the 1990's) then move onto a simplified version of a browser based game.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:44 PM

Do you have a concept for a game yet? If it's going to be a RP style game, a time that it will take place?

If it's going to be a gangster type, will it just mimic the one from myspace?

Any idea on any of that at all?

That's the best place to actualy start with your game, comeing up with a plan for what the game is about.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1