• +
  • « First

67 Replies - 2215 Views - Last Post: 26 February 2003 - 02:46 AM

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: Joke

Posted 19 February 2003 - 03:51 AM

er...

1) America gave Iraq their weapons of mass destruction.
2) America is the only country to have used nuclear weapons on people.
3) America (or your gov.) doesn't care if UN backs the war or not, they will fight dispite this.
4) Engalnd and America seem to have gotten confused what they are fighting against.... wasn't it Terrorism ?? Many experts have said if we go to war with iraq, terrorism will grow.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 42. That's my final answer.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2003 - 10:08 AM

arniie, on Feb 19 2003, 03:51 AM, said:

er...

3) America (or your gov.) doesn't care if UN backs the war or not, they will fight dispite this.
4) Engalnd and America seem to have gotten confused what they are fighting against.... wasn't it Terrorism ?? Many experts have said if we go to war with iraq, terrorism will grow.

way to repeat yourself there, man. i think we all read that the first time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2003 - 10:13 AM

thats because...

except when they argue they actually prove a point

so i was stating that i was argueing some points
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2003 - 10:31 AM

okay...

true, i think. what was it, 20 or 30 years ago? when iraq was helping us fight iran? i'm no history major, but i won't argue that one with you. the US has armed a lot of groups to fight against oppressors.

again, true. was it wrong? that's a moral debate that's been going on since it happened. are you and i going to solve it on an internet message board? not a chance.

the US claims to have intelligence that supports their belief that Iraq is making illegal weapons. if Iraq was not the violent country that it is, they could probably make any weapon they want. the only reason Iraq can't have the weapons that the US and the rest of the world can have is because they have proven themselves to be invaders and aggressors. in my opinion, the UN is not doing enough to check for illegal Iraqi weapons. so if the US government believes that it or its allies may be in danger because of unsatisfactory UN action, it may take action of its own. true.

Saddam has always been a threat. he obviously was not a major issue for that doughboy Clinton, but with such a major terrorist attack coming out of the Middle East, Bush is rekindling the remembrance of threats located in that area. and we are still fighting terrorism. maybe you didn't read my post about my brother-in-law going on missions to Afghanistan.

and once again, for the record, AMERICANS ARE NOT WARMONGERING FOOLS, like the entire world would like to think. the majority of americans are not yet satisfied with the proof presented by Colin Powell. we want more before proof we launch a war. but guess what? WE DON'T GET TO VOTE ON IT. so it could happen, even with 100% resistance by the people.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2003 - 10:37 AM

no...yeah i agree with all you said.

most of the UK is in the same situation, we won't make the slightest difference to what our gov. actually decide to do.

I am kinda worried more about n.korea than iraq at the moment tho. Iraq really isn't that much of the threat at the moment.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Go Leafs

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2003 - 04:29 PM

Recently a survey was conducted by the U.N. worldwide.
The question asked was," Would you please give your opinion about
the food shortage in the rest of the world?"The survey was a
huge failure. In Africa they did not know what 'food' meant. In
Western Europe, they did not know what 'shortage' meant. In
Eastern Europe they did not know what 'opinion' meant. In south
america they did not know what 'please' meant. And in the U.S.
they did not know what 'the rest of the world'meant.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2003 - 06:23 PM

i think Canada should appreciate the meaning of the words "thank god we live next to one of the world's superpowers, with extensive military strength, so no one bombs our continent."
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2003 - 05:41 PM

so no one bombs our continent."

no they just fly planes instead.

Why would other contries bomb you... in most wars you do a fine job of killing your own.

You were saying earlier about US citizens not being war mongering etc etc blah blah.... but the WHOLE reason countries dislike USA is because you so damn arrogant... you think you the best at everything... which i'm afraid just isn't the case.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Check, check, 1, 2.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2003 - 06:09 PM

arniie, on Feb 20 2003, 09:41 PM, said:

Why would other contries bomb you... in most wars you do a fine job of killing your own.

You were saying earlier about US citizens not being war mongering etc etc blah blah.... but the WHOLE reason countries dislike USA is because you so damn arrogant... you think you the best at everything... which i'm afraid just isn't the case.

Oh come on, We are pretty damn good at a whole fucking lot of things. You have got to admit that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2003 - 02:17 AM

ie....?

one thing you do dominate in, is the baseball WORLD series...

for you to have won every year is a major achievement !!!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2003 - 07:56 AM

:huh:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Go Leafs

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2003 - 08:55 AM

arniie, on Feb 21 2003, 05:17 AM, said:

ie....?

one thing you do dominate in, is the baseball WORLD series...

for you to have won every year is a major achievement !!!

toronto blue jays won the world series in 1992 and 1993
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2003 - 10:24 AM

arniie, on Feb 20 2003, 05:41 PM, said:

even if the US was arrogant, arrogance does not equal warmongering.

and i'm not getting what you mean by "in most wars you do a fine job of killing your own"...

what you are saying is such rhetoric. in what ways is the US arrogant? we think we're the best at everything? don't be ignorant. we know our education system, for one, is behind many european programs. we have a raging drug problem. we have a massive prison system. we are far from perfect, and we know it. just because you percieve the US as "arrogant" doesn't make it so. maybe you are being too harsh. maybe you don't have all the facts.

my reply to ben's comment was, admittedly, a knee-jerk reaction to something that really pisses me off: the comment that americans don't care/know about the rest of the world.

we don't care. that must be why our troops have fought alongside worldwide alliances in two world wars. that must be why we stand guard at the border of north and south korea, protecting the peace. we don't care SO much, we have had troops all over the world, bailing out people in trouble and ousting destructive governments from power. we have military bases happily hosted in european nations, like germany and italy. if canada or england or any democratic nation in the world was attacked in ANY way, do you know who would be the first to offer assistance to defend them? america would. and why would we offer? why DO we offer? because we don't care about the rest of the world, just like you say.

so it's cool. call us arrogant. let's recall all US troops back to american soil and see what kind of hell breaks loose over there on the other side of the world, that we don't know exists.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2003 - 03:55 PM

arniie, on Feb 21 2003, 03:17 AM, said:

ie....?

how about flying to space on a regular basis.
how about creating the operating system your using right now.
that tv you watch at night, us again.
spending our money to help others out of their tough shit situations (granted, we don't help everyone, but who the hell says we have to help anyone at all. i dont give a shit if we have reasons behind it, if we help someone out, they damned well better be grateful no matter what reason we did it for)
we're one half of the largest un-guarded border in the world (thanks canada)(and i mean millitary)

thats the very tip of the iceberg.

(oh, and i also have to point out, people vote with their feet, and they dont try to come to america for no damned reason)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2003 - 04:04 PM

how about Rockstar Games, responsible for the best video games ever.
how about Hollywood, making most of the films you watch in theatres.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First