Flash Quiz Email Results

Emailing results from Flash Quiz template using button

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 4554 Views - Last Post: 17 August 2010 - 09:29 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Flash Quiz Email Results

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:12 PM

Hi. I am new to posting on here. I have a flash cs3 file that I am using the quiz template on. So when I am publishing, it will be going through AS 2.0 / player 8. The quiz is 50 multiple choice questions. Once the user sees the results of the quiz at the end, they need to click a button. The button will open up an e-mail message with their results along with the subject and to fields all ready filled in.
Problem: When file is published, the .swf file works fine and will send the mail message. But I need this file to be accessed via a web browser so it can be seen company-wide. So when I open it in a web browser, the button won’t work – nothing will pop up. Is this because the body of the email is too large to send using HTTP? Is there some kind of work-around for this? I would greatly appreciate some help with this.. Thanks!
Here’s my code on the last frame for the actions: (I will just past the code for questions 1-5 as it will be very lengthy)
stop();
var QQ1 = ((SessionArray[0].objective_id) + ": " + (SessionArray[0].result) + "%0D%0A" + "Student Response:" + (SessionArray[0].student_response) + "   " + "Correct Response:" + (SessionArray[0].correct_response) + "%0D%0A");

var QQ2 = ((SessionArray[1].objective_id) + ": " + (SessionArray[1].result) + "%0D%0A" + "Student Response:" + (SessionArray[1].student_response) + "   " + "Correct Response:" + (SessionArray[1].correct_response) + "%0D%0A");

var QQ3 = ((SessionArray[2].objective_id) + ": " + (SessionArray[2].result) + "%0D%0A" + "Student Response:" + (SessionArray[2].student_response) + "   " + "Correct Response:" + (SessionArray[2].correct_response) + "%0D%0A");

var QQ4 = ((SessionArray[3].objective_id) + ": " + (SessionArray[3].result) + "%0D%0A" + "Student Response:" + (SessionArray[3].student_response) + "   " + "Correct Response:" + (SessionArray[3].correct_response) + "%0D%0A");

var QQ5 = ((SessionArray[4].objective_id) + ": " + (SessionArray[4].result) + "%0D%0A" + "Student Response:" + (SessionArray[4].student_response) + "   " + "Correct Response:" + (SessionArray[4].correct_response) + "%0D%0A");

var body:String = (("Percent: " + (CorrectPer)) + "%0D%0A" + ("Total Correct:  " + (CorrectPer)) + "%0D%0A" + ("Total Incorrect:  " + (IncorrectPer)) + "%0D%0A" + (SessionArray[0].dateStamp) + "%0D%0A" + "%0D%0A" + (QQ1) + "%0D%0A" + (QQ2) + "%0D%0A" + (QQ3) + "%0D%0A" + (QQ4) + "%0D%0A" + (QQ5));

Here’s my code for the e-mail button:
on (release) 
{
	getURL("mailto:" + "AB@abc.com" + "?subject=" + "Sales Quiz Results" + "&body=" + body;
}

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Flash Quiz Email Results

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Flash Quiz Email Results

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:51 AM

Any ideas on this? I still haven't gotten this to work like it should.

Thanks! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:53 PM

Do you have an online version that we can take a look???

Mind you that getURL() with mailTo won't always work... If your user's computer is not set up with the mail client, that won't work... Some email client won't recognize the body tag and such can happen as well... So, it's best to use a server side script to send an email... That's my 2 cents on that...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:12 PM

thanx....
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:29 AM

You should use a PHP script or some other server side language if you want to send emails. Depending on a client-side technology for this purpose isn't practical.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1