WTH , Java and C++ in High School

• (3 Pages)
  • +

36 Replies - 5525 Views - Last Post: 24 October 2008 - 04:16 PM

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: WTH , Java and C++ in High School

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:51 AM

Your high school teaches SQL. :o Mine doesn't.

The school I go to, teaches assembly, Java, C++, VB. I was talking to my dad, and he told me when his uncle went to school they only taught basic. :o
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• sudo apt-get install brain
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:40 AM

What are the ussualy ages in high school?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:35 PM

I don't know, in my high school we had Programming and Advanced Programming and both were taught by an awesome teacher and were taught very well. BTW, it was C++.
The only downside to the class was that my twin brother and I were the only ones who got it. Everyone else just didn't understand what was being taught, so my brother and I were learning slower than we could have.
This WAS ok though, because in Advanced Programming, him and I were doing band and Advanced Programming every other day, while the rest of the class had to sit in class and try to understand it all. Strangely enough, him and I still did better than everyone else :P
Sorry if it sounds like I'm boasting. Mostly I was just trying to get the point off that my high school actually has a decent programming class.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:40 AM

View PostMangotastic, on 15 Oct, 2008 - 06:21 AM, said:

From what I've read in this thread some of you guys got to study what I'm studying in University when you were in High School... makes me sad to be living in the UK.

Then move. There is free movement of goods and people in Europe, it works both ways. Come to Germany for better weather, an infrastructure that works and twice the money...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:54 PM

My school is pretty good. I'm a high school junior, and this is my first year in web design, and we've already gotten into complex php solutions. Its not a lot, but it's still a lot more than most other high schools in Maryland provide.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

I go to http://en.wikipedia....ast_High_School (and I rickrolled homecoming).

I'm in the CS program every year starting sophomore, I've taken 3 AP classes. I had intro programming in my freshman year, APCS in my sophomore year, Computer Engineering and Programming III this year, and another CS class next year. I could have had web design for an elective too. I got a 5 on my APCS test. We're a pretty cool school. I have to say, I'm one of the best in the program. I have the highest grade in both classes right now.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=s2JhVSlaaNo

The man with the beard is my teacher.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:16 PM

I'm a freshman in high school, previous to this year the only computer class I ever had where I wasn't practicing typing every single day was a digital photography class that didn't even have image editing software (I'm not asking for PhotoShop Pro but, hell, GIMP is free!). Now I'm taking a VB.NET class where I'm one of the three honors academy freshmen one of the others was doing okay (i.e. didn't take 20 minutes to add a radio button to the form) but fell behind. The other is still on level with me, but his dad programs for a living so he is at an advantage. The rest of the class is starting a program that me and my friend had quite a bit of trouble with (I just needed to start using debug mode) so even though they are working in pairs this time, I have no idea how they will figure it out when most of them can't If-Then-Else themselves out of a paper bag. So overall it's a pretty sad state of affairs.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +