2. No pornography, Warez, spam, or free advertising will be condoned at any time.
3. Defamatory comments including derogatory name calling will not be tolerated and will result in punishment as seen fit by the site administrators. (just keep it civil, and you should be fine)
4. as far as code and asking for code works, we have a great c++ lounge policy, that works great for any section of the website, follow this and everything will be cool:
2) There are many computer science majors that come to the dream.in.code c++ section so therefore we need to be concerned with cheating. Here at dream.in.code we do not condone cheating and as a result we do not give out code. If you ask a question it is suggested you SHOW YOUR CODE. This shows that you attempted to solve the problem yourself.
3) WE ARE HERE TO LEARN!!! NOT TO WRITE CODE FOR EACHOTHER! If you want a peice of code written for you in c++ hire somebody. Do not leave posts that say "i need a peice of code written for me" If you wish to hire somebody here at dream.in.code please leave it to EMAIL ONLY.
4) Do not lose your temper at people's advice. We have many experienced and inexperienced programmers here at dream.in.code that are just trying to help you. i am going to steal a quote from NULL and VOID who got it from "How to Ask Questions the Smart Way"
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy.
When you perceive rudeness, try to react calmly. If someone is really acting out, it is very likely that a senior person on the list or newsgroup or forum will call him or her on it. If that doesn't happen and you lose your temper, it is likely that the person you lose it at was behaving within the hacker community's norms and you will be considered at fault. This will hurt your chances of getting the information or help you want.
5) Make your questions and answers clear as possible. SHOW YOUR CODE!!!(noticing a trend) Code helps us help you in so many ways. We can see what you are trying to do, or where your error is. Also GIVE ERROR MESSAGES!!!! This tells us what to look for and where to look for it. REMBER THE CLEARER YOU ARE THE FASTER YOU RECEIVE THE ANSWERS AND LESS QUESTIONS ARE NEEDED!
6) IF YOU CAN'T WRITE CODE ASK THE QUESTION but do not expect a direct answer, EXPECT TO BE LEAD IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!
7) If anybody is seen giving out code or asking for code i will close or edit the topic, if it continues i will recommend that you are banned from dream.in.code!
5. Our policy on Invison Board or any other messageboard questions is as follows
-we WILL answer questions regarding how a skin might be designed, or look best compared to others
-we WONT answer questions regarding how to install boards
-we WILL answer questions that regard database changes that those boards might be installed in (i.e. i cant' install this because when i do blank, blank happens) so that
-we WONT answer questions about the code, or any hacks, or modifiers for any messageboard systems.
-we WONT install your boards for you, dont ask
-we WILL NOT respond to requests to upgrade invision board to alphas, batas, or newly released versions... The guys know what they are doing and and if an upgrade is important they will do it.
6. If dreamincode Moderator feels Content of a thread is not fit they can close it upon their (reviewable) discretion.
7. a. we won't lock any topics because you feel it is necessary, it stays open unless it breaks the rules.
b. we won't delete your account for you. YOU signed up, not us. if you wish to disappear, empty your profile, sig, and avatar, select to not recieve the newsletter, log out, and stop coming back. we will not do the work to fix a mistake you feel you may have made in signing up.
8. a - footer sizes. 300x40 in width and height, 15k max filesize.
b - avatar size 64x64 width and height, 10k max filesize.
and finally remember, this is a privately owned website and our descision to delete, lock/close, edit, or ban any members, or posts is final, and that when a user is banned Email Address and IP ranges can be banned. and its not your job to tell us how to run our site.
that is all, carry on.