12 Replies - 551 Views - Last Post: 29 October 2008 - 08:07 PM

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

WHERE ARE THE TREES?!?!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:54 PM

The title of this post is one of many ideas I have been coming up with for my College Gameday sign .

Other ideas :

"Mike Leach is a fucking doorknob"

"Michael Crabtree has the word crab in his name"

"Pirates Suck Ninjas Rule" -- this would only work for the rare internet crowd / sports junkie since you would have to understand the ninja reference and that leach is a pirate fanatic.

"just drove in and already have an std" -- if you have an std named after your school. you are gross.

"would rather be in oklahoma" -- lubbock sucks

"lubbock, alot like austin, except really really shitty."

"thanks for visiting -- signed the top ten"

and my personal favorite i've used throughout the season as a personal slogan, though not on a sign :

"i've sucked dick harder than your team"

Let's do some quick stats.

Texas # 1. Texas Tech # 6 (depending on what poll you look at)

Texas currently has the highest BCS ranking of all time (.998 out of 1.000) due to the most ridiculous schedule ever. I have been to the majority of these absolutely insane games because they also happened to be mostly at home or at neutral sites.

This weekend we play the 4th top-10 team in a row, an unheard of feat. No team has ever beaten 3 top-ten teams in 3 consecutive weeks until we did last week... and I would say we should win this weekend except by now our team is ragged, players beat up, and who knows what will happen.

Unless you go to a big (massive) school like UT, with a huge (fucking ginormous) athletic program you probably don't know what it is like... but its a party atmosphere every day on campus for the entire time you are number one and have a team as exciting as this one.

Texas has been covered by college gameday (including this weekend) 3 out of 4 weeks (which is unheard of) but will also be featured on the thanksgiving day game so 4 out of 6 weeks. Tech has been covered once (a previous game in austin in 2005) and has never had gameday come to lubbock. because lubbock sucks.

However, this weekend I am making the treck. My truck is loaded with more burnt orange supplies than is safe. I am still looking for a ticket (upper-deck last row is like $400 right now) but plan on support my team either way.

If we lose I will never again get an erection.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: WHERE ARE THE TREES?!?!

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: WHERE ARE THE TREES?!?!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:00 PM

i was in lubbock for a couple days last year.

everything you said is correct.

your sign ideas are amazing, but you need one that makes fun of lee corso, those ones are always the best.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm pretty good with a laser mouse..
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:01 PM

Whaa..? :blink:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:25 PM

"corso.... crazier than leach .... 'nuff said."
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:32 PM

i think my favorite was "Corso has a baby arm", not making fun of him, but hilarious.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• DIC Tease
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

The only team worthy being called U.T.

Posted Image

Save Coach Fulmer!!!

This post has been edited by absynthe: 29 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:42 PM

View Postcapty99, on 30 Oct, 2008 - 07:54 AM, said:

"i've sucked dick harder than your team"

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:45 PM

i'm still confused on if thats a compliment or insult.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:50 PM

View Postcapty99, on 29 Oct, 2008 - 01:54 PM, said:

Unless you go to a big (massive) school like UT, with a huge (fucking ginormous) athletic program you probably don't know what it is like... but its a party atmosphere every day on campus for the entire time you are number one and have a team as exciting as this one.

I went to UGA and I know what that is like, especially the week leading up to the UGA vs Florida game..

UT will lose this weekend though
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:59 PM

nah, TT doesn't play defense.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:08 PM

first off.

what the fuck with the tennessee crap. tennessee sucks dick. always has. always will. your orange sucks. and there is a campaign to steal one of our assistant coaches (muschamp) from us for your new coach.

2ndly .
texas is beat up. our secondary is playing 3rd stringers right now because of injuries... and they were young to begin with . but at the same time we have the 2nd or 3rd best rush defense in the league, and against tech's terrible running game i don't see them gaining yards. (mizzou had -4 at half... and 2nd half was garbage time)

the place the game will be won is on the line. until you play against an oklahoma or texas you can't guess how your line will do . and tech's o line has struggled at times they don't have a shot against our d-line.

orakpo is a fucking beast. i guarantee 3 sacks from him. the whole line is animals though.

same goes for texas o-line. they are one of the best cores because they have talent but also last year there were so many injuries that every player got a ton of playing time. our 2nd team is as good as the first. pressure on colt isn't going to be a problem... and if it is boy scampers like super crossing the border.

the area we lose this game is the secondary. every other facet we win, but since that weakness lines up with tech's strongest part it's going to be a game.

the once nice thing about texas is we can march the ball like I have never seen a team do, watch the last couple games and every scoring drive is 80 + yards. Texas touched the ball once in the first quarter of the last game because of an 8 minute drive. keeping harrell off the field is a good thing.

i feel positive but understand the struggle that is before me.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:12 PM

Zippy Selected to All-America Mascot Team

Posted Image

Zippy, the University of Akron’s mascot, has been named to the sixth annual Capital One All-America Mascot Team and will be featured in a national advertising campaign that will give fans the opportunity to vote on-line for the Capital One Mascot of the Year.

“We are very proud and honored our mascot, Zippy, has been selected from a national pool to participate in this very selective competition,” said UA Director of Athletics Mack Rhoades. “It’s great exposure for the Athletics Department, the University and for the entire Akron community. We encourage all supporters of Akron athletics to vote for Zippy in this unique event.”

Starting on September 10th, fans can vote for their favorite mascot at www.capitalonebowl.com. The winner will be announced during the Capital One Bowl on January 1.

Akron’s energetic kangaroo was one of 12 mascots selected to compete in a weekly head-to-head match-up with mascots from across the country. Joining Zippy on the All-America Mascot Team are Seymour from the University of Southern Mississippi, Cosmo Cougar from Brigham Young, Otto from Syracuse, Hairy Dawg from Georgia, Joe Bruin from UCLA, Goldy Gopher from Minnesota, Cavman from Virginia, Monte from Montana, HokieBird from Virginia Tech, Cocky from South Carolina and Big Red from Western Kentucky.

This year’s national advertising campaign will feature the mascots participating in the Capital One Mascot Open, a series of unusual – and fictitious – golf competitions. In addition to the hoopla, the University of Akron received $5,000 for its mascot program and can win an additional $5,000 scholarship fund to help support its mascot program if Zippy is named mascot of the year.

“We created this contest to celebrate the unsung heroes of college football,” said Steve Schooff, a spokesperson from Capital One. “Last year, a cougar from Washington State clawed its way to the pinnacle of mascot stardom. This year, we’re looking forward to see what mascot can put their best claw, paw or talon forward to ascend to the throne of Capital One Mascot of the Year.”

The fan vote is the sole determinant of the winner. Voting consists of 11 weekly head-to-head match-ups between the All-Americans. The mascots with the best win/loss records will face off in online playoffs starting in November. The winner will be announced Capital One National Mascot of the Year on January 1, 2008 during the Capital One Bowl.

“Mascots work as hard as anyone on the field, but are lost in the shadows of the flashy all-star quarterbacks and running backs,” said Dr. Roy Yarbrough, mascot guru and historian. “This is a great tribute to them, and fans should show their support. Bragging rights are on the line.”

This year’s fuzzy crew was chosen from Division IA and IAA athletic programs with college football teams. They made the squad after being ranked on mascot musts such as interaction with fans, originality and pedigree. The panel of judges included Dr. Yarbrough and representatives from ESPN and Capital One.

Posted Image

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:07 PM

that's a good post.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1