9 Replies - 1444 Views - Last Post: 04 November 2008 - 01:55 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

PHP Framework

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

Hello To All
Can any body tell me which php framework is very good for security + performance + mvc + handled big projects. I know when security come performance matters but i need security + performance. So please any body have the solution for my problem. I making site which is very high traffic.

Thank you in advace
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: PHP Framework

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PHP Framework

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:57 AM

Well one website you will want to check out is phpframeworks.com which will show you a list of frameworks in a chart and compares them directly. While they don't compare on performance and security, they do compare on mvc and other abilities.

The reason they don't compare on performance and security because those two are implementation specific and vary from project to project. The whole idea of a framework is to speed up development, offer a better performance over code you can write yourself, and to extrapolate ideas. Security is going to completely depend on your own needs, setup, and works hand in hand with your own code. Frameworks only assist you in coding, they are not like a CMS which is a complete system.

But check out that site and you will get many answers that may help you out. It has links to each framework, talks about their requirements, and more.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:12 PM

View PostMartyr2, on 1 Nov, 2008 - 10:57 AM, said:

Well one website you will want to check out is phpframeworks.com which will show you a list of frameworks in a chart and compares them directly. While they don't compare on performance and security, they do compare on mvc and other abilities.

The reason they don't compare on performance and security because those two are implementation specific and vary from project to project. The whole idea of a framework is to speed up development, offer a better performance over code you can write yourself, and to extrapolate ideas. Security is going to completely depend on your own needs, setup, and works hand in hand with your own code. Frameworks only assist you in coding, they are not like a CMS which is a complete system.

But check out that site and you will get many answers that may help you out. It has links to each framework, talks about their requirements, and more.

:)

was about to ask this.
thanks
from what i heard cakephp is pretty good my next php project im gona give cakephp a try
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:39 AM

If you're something that's very lightweight and fast, you might want to check out Code Igniter. It's simple to pick up, but isn't super powerful.

If you're looking for something with a ton of flexibility that can handle large projects, you may want to check out the Zend Framework. However, I know it's supposed to be pretty slow, and there's a bit of a learning curve.

For something right down the middle, I would check out CakePHP or Symfony. Those seem like they're an even balance of speed and functionality. Small to medium projects would be best with those frameworks, but you could probably adapt them to larger ones as well. I'm pretty sure that Transworld Skate/Surf and other magazines use cakePHP.

Finally, my buddy is always talking about how great Expression Engine is. It's a premium framework, but I think there may be a stripped down free version available. EE is used on sites like speedtv.com.

Hope that's a good outline for you to help you make your decisions.

Finally, some resources for you.

Getting Started With CakePHP - Decent tutorial on starting out with cakePHP

PHP Frameworks? - Very interesting article about why all PHP frameworks suck. Might be worth checking out for you since you're concerned with performance.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:21 AM

Just another note is that both CakePHP and Code Igniter are listed on the web link I gave you. Both have been recommended by other sources and I hear they are both pretty good. So compare and see what you think is best for your situation.

Good calls to the other guys. :^:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:35 AM

Yeah I have experience with Cake and I found it to be a very good introduction to using frameworks. I used code igniter for a bit, but decided to stick with cake because a lot of people request it for jobs. However, the more frameworks you know, the more marketable you become. Just focus on learning the MVC model and really understanding what the framework is doing to help you.

Cake's got my vote for learning. I'll be going live with my cake baking soon for my company.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:07 AM

thanks guys for the info, it looks like im gona be using cake :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:14 PM

But can cakephp handled high traffic site ?? because i project is base on orders sp cakephp framework will handled this traffic or performance goes down on surffing of many users ?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:24 AM

Well considering Transworld uses Cake, I think performance shouldn't be an issue. As always when it comes down to performance you can make adjustments as you see fit. Once you can identify any bottlenecks that are occuring you can handle them on an individual basis. I don't know the details of your project, but yes, I believe cake can handle high volume sites.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:55 AM

from the experience of cakephp i have it seems to be one of the best, for ease of use, and customizable, the one important aspect as akozlik said is to learn MVC getting my head around that and the way things should be done was the hardest part for me, naming conventions and other things that cake lays out help alot.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1