C++ or Visual Basic?

Need some help chosing a language

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 569 Views - Last Post: 04 November 2008 - 04:44 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

C++ or Visual Basic?

Post icon  Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:28 AM

Ok i need to make a trivia game about Frankenstein for a class and i decided to program one i have an outline of how im going to code the program i just cant decide to do it in Visual Basic where im a little more acquainted with databases or whether i should do it in C++. Im also wondering if anyone can give me some tips on ow to go about making it, right now im planning on having 4 different datasets and some 16 case statements for the questions. I have piece movement covered but assigning questions to spaces i have no clue what to do soo any help is appreciated.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: C++ or Visual Basic?

• Expert Schmexpert...
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: C++ or Visual Basic?

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:44 PM

It all depends on how advanced it should be. Will you tolerate misspelled words?
A database is likely a good place to start. What are you going to do with the case-statements?
A common mistake when using DBs is that you try to code things in your program that the DB can do alot better since it's the job of the DB.
The db can store text so you should definitely store both question and answer in the db along with a number. That way you only need the program to generate a random number. Don't waste time on doing things that are already there.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1