php basics

basic concepts

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 805 Views - Last Post: 09 November 2008 - 11:48 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

php basics

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:31 AM

i am new to study this language so i request to you give some tips to study this language
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: php basics

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: php basics

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:40 AM

Number one tip, go to php.net and bookmark their manual pages. This is going to be your number one source for looking up functions, their signatures, parameters etc.

Then you can do a number of things. Get a book (like the Visual blueprint book I find pretty nice for beginners... Amazon.com - Your Visual Blueprint book for PHP), join a class, look up material online and join a forum like here to ask questions when you get stuck.

Put a combination of those together and you will be well on your way to learning the language and getting help when you need it.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Real Skynet
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: php basics

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:48 AM

The only thing I'd add to what has been stated above is the site W3Schools. They've got a pretty straightforward PHP tutorial that will teach you the basic of PHP, and a decent (thouh small) reference sheet for useful functions to improve upon your knowledge.

This combined with PHP.net's Manual pages make for an invaluable learning tool. Hope this helps :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1