• (2 Pages)
  • +

24 Replies - 1407 Views - Last Post: 21 April 2003 - 01:33 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Ww II, A Joke?!

Posted 17 April 2003 - 11:20 AM

Heya pals,

i have a kind of a argument with an american guy at another board (yeah im busy :P) but he just did funny about the thing called WW II. Somebody was planning to make a Q2-Mod about the second world war, okay for me, but i replyed to that topic that he should be aware of the terrible horrors occourd in WW II, but they didn't like that i said that because all of the sudden the were planning to make an game were you can blast stupid dutch-guys (im a dutch-guy).. i hope that person was 1 of a kind, and i hope you can tell me how you think about the WW II, and how much ya know about the horrors in WWII, just checking you out, i don't want to kill you if you think WW II was great, but i just want opionions.. thanks buds

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Ww II, A Joke?!

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Ww II, A Joke?!

Posted 17 April 2003 - 11:50 AM

im sorry about my lame language, but i was just so mad at that guy, but i did some smoking so im cool again
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pirate Medic
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2003 - 12:04 PM

WW2 Hmm My opinions. Good stuff ummm umm the invention of the jet engine :) Bad stuff deathcamps, nuclear bombs, biological weapons, cold war.

Well If world war 2 is funny then we need to have some fun with the Inquisition. after all the Catholic church murdered 900 million people for the crime of not being christian.

Point is the deaths of innocents is not a funny matter past present or future
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2003 - 12:52 PM

I don't know anyone who would find anything funny about either of the world wars.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Touched by his noodly appendage

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2003 - 04:08 PM

I wouldn't say i find it funny, but it is indeed kind of strange that Germany started and lost both world wars, the second being the most strange, seeings how they lost the first one and you'd think they'd learn?

Oh well. I agree with DaFelix, I mean, to make a game simply to "blast" people of a certain race? Thats sick

Thankfully, there is a great number of people who would agree about that. That guy isn't one of a kind, but he is standing damned near his lonesome
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2003 - 04:39 PM

Acid, ww2 only started because ww1 wasn't taken care of properly. when it finished the versielle (sp??) treaty was a bunch of shit, and left germany in economic ruins and generally just a shitty place. Throw in a guy who hates everything he was (hitler) with fantastic speaking skills, and the ability to make the government give him full and complete control, and you've got some major shit on your hands. everyone did everything he said, because they were sick of getting blamed for everything in ww1, so they were willing and able to fight for the bastard.

and the war wasnt started to eliminate any race, it was a war started for more 'breating room' for the germans. at first all they did was exile the jews, gypsies, slavs, etc. but no one else would take them, im sad to say this, but even america didnt. i know they turned away a boat of jews and made them sail back to europe to their doom. it was only after they really couldnt get rid of them anywhere else that they started to kill them. an exscuse? hell no. sad thats the reason so many more horrible deats had to happen? very.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Encrypted

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2003 - 07:34 PM

Acid Reign, on Apr 17 2003, 04:08 PM, said:

I wouldn't say i find it funny, but it is indeed kind of strange that Germany started and lost both world wars, the second being the most strange, seeings how they lost the first one and you'd think they'd learn?

Oh well. I agree with DaFelix, I mean, to make a game simply to "blast" people of a certain race? Thats sick

Thankfully, there is a great number of people who would agree about that. That guy isn't one of a kind, but he is standing damned near his lonesome

i agree... nobody should be killed or tortured or even looked at differently 'cause they're of a different race... that's just plain st00pid

the second WW wasn't really started by Germany per-say... wasn't it more hitler pulling germany into the war and taking control of it... 'cause i know not all of Germany wanted to go to war... and hitler abused his power... although, i may be wrong... i'm not a history-pro.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2003 - 10:27 PM

Alot of german's were forced to fight, under fear of death. Hitler would kill their families if they refused Hitler ruled Germany about the same way Sadam ruled Iraq.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 April 2003 - 12:30 AM

supersloth, you're very close w./ your story, it's how it happend. but the main reason why hitler got the power was because germany was so damned poor, they had to pay alot of money to the other countries (france got the most) when they lost WW I. Hitler came at the right moment to tell ppl that he could help germany back to its richness. many ppl wanted to belive that guy so he got the power in germany. if france wasn't such an ass* after WW I to let germany so much money pay back, the second world war was never happend...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• What?!

• View blog

Posted 18 April 2003 - 02:20 AM

supersloth, on Apr 18 2003, 01:39 AM, said:

Acid, ww2 only started because ww1 wasn't taken care of properly. when it finished the versielle (sp??) treaty was a bunch of shit, and left germany in economic ruins and generally just a shitty place. Throw in a guy who hates everything he was (hitler) with fantastic speaking skills, and the ability to make the government give him full and complete control, and you've got some major shit on your hands. everyone did everything he said, because they were sick of getting blamed for everything in ww1, so they were willing and able to fight for the bastard.

and the war wasnt started to eliminate any race, it was a war started for more 'breating room' for the germans. at first all they did was exile the jews, gypsies, slavs, etc. but no one else would take them, im sad to say this, but even america didnt. i know they turned away a boat of jews and made them sail back to europe to their doom. it was only after they really couldnt get rid of them anywhere else that they started to kill them. an exscuse? hell no. sad thats the reason so many more horrible deats had to happen? very.

The Versaille treaty was a big mess for Germany. The German diplomats weren't even allowed to discuss and only heard what was in it after the treaty was signed. The French took out of it as much as they could, mostly because they were still angry at the Germans for 'stealing' Elzas Lotharingen in the French-German war. After the first WW, at first they have been trying to create a democracy in Germany, but it turned out really bad, because the conditions were horrible. Economic problems etc.
The Germans were in need of a strong man, a true leader who could solve all their problems. This man was Hitler. He got so popular because he promised a great deal. Work for example. That popularity combined with some laws that allowed him to make decisions without needing to ask the parliament made him a very powerful man. He was chosen chansellor, and he made himself president too, so he had all power in Germany. The WW2 started because of a couple of reasons. Hitler wanted more space, 'Lebensraum' as he called it. Hitler wanted to kill the jews. Hitler and the German people wanted revenge on France.

Thinking about the millions of jews that were killed (16 million I think) and all other people that were against him (also many many millions), the WW2 isn't something to make fun of.

Koenie
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 18 April 2003 - 02:55 PM

you guys really should listen in your history lessons. you seem to have missed major events that started the first and second world wars.

'Arch duke ferdinand'
'Hitlers rise through government' (try reading 'mein kampf' - i dare you ! )

and much much much much more.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 April 2003 - 03:26 PM

the conversation wasn't about how world war I started, it was about world war II, thats why no one mentioned arch duke ferdinand.
and im pretty sure everyone who posted on the subject knows about mein kampf (my struggle), we just decided to go with the short version, he used everyone around his weakness to gain a trip to the top, then preyed on what they wanted to get them to follow him.

(and i actually started to read mein kampf, but hitler is a great speaker and a terrible writer, it frustrated me so i gave up on it, maybe ill go back to it someday)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Information Designer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2003 - 12:15 AM

i think WWII was an inevitable part of human evolution. war isnt a devestation, it is a progression. its the current human evolutionary 'instincts' to crave certain things. Despair drives us on. Why do we listen to the media talk about wars and floods and rapes and murders. The job of the media isnt to inform the public, or glorify the bad, its to expose us to what the real world is, and hope that we can accept it and move on. The world is a devestating place, the human method keeps it this way. there is no peace, there is no tranquility. tranquility is pain, devestation is completeness. I think WWII was not only brought apon us by world powers and world leaders and world ideals clashing with oneanother, but also by a seemingly patternistic flow of needs and wants and overflows. The war didnt just satisfy the need to solve world complications, but it satisfied the human nature to evolve. Sure the instances and actions and sights and scenes were horrible and devestating to the soldier, and almost as bad for the broken families left at home. The lives of the fighting men and the men of the world as a whole changes with war with change with devestation. This change is our evolution.

We can only hope that with the rate of acceration of our way of living, that the next set of morals, the next standards of evolution can be seen maybe in the next millenia, next century, maybe in our own generation. These morals of the new evolution, the creed of life could hopefully be one which does not require a balance of love and hate, but maybe form and disform. a balance where war will no longer be a part of evolution, darwined out of existance.

WWII was no laughing matter, and a horrible experience for the world, but most definitly it satisfied a need for forward motion towards this new human evolution.

Sorry if my response is a little off what you were expecting, but thats my current state of mind on that topic.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• What?!

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2003 - 12:39 PM

Ekostudios, on Apr 19 2003, 09:15 AM, said:

[ everything eko said ]

Are you suggesting that we should look to the WWII like Darwin did: Survival of the fittest as a part of the evolution?

ArnIIe and Sloth: Did you guys actually read Mein Kampf? In the Netherlands it's not published anymore and really hard to get. I believe there's only a few copies in the Royal Library.

Koenie
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2003 - 12:53 PM

supersloth, on Apr 18 2003, 03:26 PM, said:

(and i actually started to read mein kampf, but hitler is a great speaker and a terrible writer, it frustrated me so i gave up on it, maybe ill go back to it someday)

;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +