What Is Your System?

Take a poll on your favorite gaming sys.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

21 Replies - 2518 Views - Last Post: 26 June 2003 - 10:32 AM

Poll: What is your favorite gaming system? (29 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite gaming system?

1. Playstation 2 (10 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

2. Playstation (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. N64 (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

4. X-Box (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

5. GameCube (1 votes [3.85%])

6. Gameboy (1 votes [3.85%])

7. Computer (8 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

8. Sega (0 votes [0.00%])

9. SNES (0 votes [0.00%])

10. NES (2 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What Is Your System?

Posted 23 April 2003 - 08:21 PM

Personally I would have to say Crap-Box best get the worst....Or see "Please Kill Me Now"
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What Is Your System?

#2 supersloth  Icon User is online

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What Is Your System?

Posted 23 April 2003 - 08:25 PM

im a lover, not a hater. i have everything on that list.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2003 - 08:26 PM

*Wonders how he can get a Crap-Box*
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2003 - 08:27 PM

Delikar, on Apr 23 2003, 08:21 PM, said:

Personally I would have to say Crap-Box best get the worst....Or see "Please Kill Me Now"

Technically, shouldnt the poll be unbiased at the "design" level? I mean I agree with the whole "crap-box" thing, but at the same time, Ill probably own one eventually, just because I consider myself a "hardcore gamer". Being that as it is, Im sure Ill own them all eventually.

Back before I moved, I had a NES, SNES, 2 Original Playstations, 2 N64s, a Dreamcast, and a Genisis all hooked up in my living room at one time.

Sniff...Now, Just the ps2. :\

This post has been edited by Juravieal*: 23 April 2003 - 08:28 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• nooneenooneenooonee
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2003 - 08:31 PM

I think I fixed the poll for you... I think if I was going to buy a system it would be an XBox...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 April 2003 - 02:09 AM

[VOTE]Computer[/VOTE]
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 April 2003 - 06:34 AM

DaFeliX, on Apr 24 2003, 02:09 AM, said:

[VOTE]Computer[/VOTE]

I dont think computer should even be a choice really, I mean PCs are NOT gaming systmes per se. They PLAY games, and better than anything else, but comparing consoles to computers are like comparing Lincolns to Ferrari's.

Consoles have definate advantages, I love being able to play with no chance of crashing, no windows bullshit, no installing for sure, but at the same time, they cant do what computers can do yet either. Most of the time, if a game is out on console and computer ,the PC version will be better, unless its just a crappy port like the PC FF series.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 24 April 2003 - 07:02 AM

where is the atari?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I liek milk!!1
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 April 2003 - 07:32 AM

I have owned everything I wanted to own on that list. Which is everything by playstations. Currently I own a GameCube, GBA (classic one), NES, Virtual Boy, PC, Dreamcast... Yeah.. good things.

It was quite a toss-up between GameCube and GBA, but I picked GameCube.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 April 2003 - 04:57 PM

Juravieal*, on Apr 24 2003, 06:34 AM, said:

DaFeliX, on Apr 24 2003, 02:09 AM, said:

[VOTE]Computer[/VOTE]

I dont think computer should even be a choice really, I mean PCs are NOT gaming systmes per se. They PLAY games, and better than anything else, but comparing consoles to computers are like comparing Lincolns to Ferrari's.

Consoles have definate advantages, I love being able to play with no chance of crashing, no windows bullshit, no installing for sure, but at the same time, they cant do what computers can do yet either. Most of the time, if a game is out on console and computer ,the PC version will be better, unless its just a crappy port like the PC FF series.

Baka... you do realize what message board this is on don't you? Most of us have real systems and know how to work them, optomize them, maintain them, ect...

In which case, computers are far superior in capacity for gaming. Comparativly speaking, saves are unlimited, patches, updates, improved framerates, mods, additions, expansion packs, stronger communities because of on-line play, on-line play itself is far superior, I mean the list goes on and on. It took how long to get ps2 and xbox online? (Not even sure if both are online yet..). In terms of system potential, the computers are like ferraris, consoles are more like... vans. Not much room for improved expansion in performance on those rigs. (to use your metaphore).

On the other side, it is all about the games, not the hardware. Personally I prefer on-line gaming with real people, more of a challenge, more fun than the vast majority of sp experiances (but I do enjoy good sp...).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2003 - 10:24 AM

Well....I have to say that though now X-Box is online and well...PS2 is shitting its way down to the bottom because of its shitty online capabilities. Yes I myself own only a PS2 and a computer and thats all I need, but for a PS2 fan to say this, you got to know its true. Sony didn't spend enough time designing the online performance, but more or less they spent there time working on how there going to make the hard drive plug into the back, and sadly...The hard drive isn't even out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pirate Medic
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2003 - 12:21 PM

Stenton, on Jun 1 2003, 11:24 AM, said:

Well....I have to say that though now X-Box is online and well...PS2 is shitting its way down to the bottom because of its shitty online capabilities. Yes I myself own only a PS2 and a computer and thats all I need, but for a PS2 fan to say this, you got to know its true. Sony didn't spend enough time designing the online performance, but more or less they spent there time working on how there going to make the hard drive plug into the back, and sadly...The hard drive isn't even out.

actually it is out if you buy the linux kit but the only thing that was designed for the harddrive is the above kit. I have abandoned the PS2 as of late and have been buying games for x box. The PS2 is still a good system but in my book X Box is where it is at right now especally with Xbox live.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 supersloth  Icon User is online

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2003 - 04:07 PM

supersloth, on Apr 23 2003, 08:25 PM, said:

im a lover, not a hater. i have everything on that list.

emphasis

actually i sold my (broken) ps2 a month or so ago, and I'm waiting for the new model to come out before i replace it. mmmmmmm.... maximo.....
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 June 2003 - 12:09 AM

I have nothing against any gaming system....Actually I do, but we won't go into details. The X-Box is great for any type of first person shooter, though it sucks everywhere else. PS2 r0x0rz and is only good for one thing, showing off its sleek and sexy design ;) . Now the GameCube.....Wow....I can't say much besides..*Cough* Sucks! *Cough* The GameCube is a family system, thats why PS2 and X-Box don't have Super Smach Bro's Melee *Loves that game almost as much as his PS2*. All I have to say is, if I could vote on all of them I would, Genesis made some of the best games ever created, like Sonic the Hedgehog.....*Cries* Why did I have to get rid of my Genesis?! WHY?! *Runs off crying*
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 supersloth  Icon User is online

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 June 2003 - 11:47 AM

im sorry but wtf are you talking about? family system? my ass. most families couldnt get thru metroid prime, the resident evils or eternal darkness if they tried for content alone. and lets be honest, most of the games for gamecube are very adult oriented in controls also. pikmin may have a bright color palette (gasp i know, bright colors it must be kiddie), but it has gameplay 5 years ahead of its time. smash bros is one of the most innovative fighters since they hit 3d.

'PS2 r0x0rz and is only good for one thing, showing off its sleek and sexy design' yea, cause we all know a good outer shell tells you your 200 dollars were worth it right? how about those games eh. I'm glad you love the system so much for its box.

and xbox is slowly moving away from the persona of a fps box. brute force is an excellent squad based shooter. mech assault is flat out fantastic. exclusives from sega like panser dragoon orta, and there are great games coming down the pipeline (like ninja gaiden and fable). the only console truly internet ready, and the fact that 9 out of 10 times it gets the best port for multiplatform games are reasons it owns.

think outside what the marketers tell you to think when it comes to consoles.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +