3 Replies - 1131 Views - Last Post: 07 May 2003 - 10:15 AM

• Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?

• View blog

Sound Devices: Audigy2 V. Extigy

Posted 28 April 2003 - 12:24 PM

Which one is *better*? Right now I'm leaning towards the Extigy b/c of price (& I'm running low on slots). Here is the 'scenerio': Pink Floyd just released the 30th anniversary Dark Side of the Moon (in Quadraphonic/5.1).

Now, if you know me, I *have* hear this. A new stereo is outta the ballpark for now, so I'm looking to mod my sytem to listen to what is supposedly the best Floyd recording of all time (straight from the 1st generation studio tapess, rather than the 3rd like the 'normal' release; and its Quadraphonic (the first time since they stopped pressing the vinyls)).

So Audigy2, Extigy, another one I havn't seen? Who knows....

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Sound Devices: Audigy2 V. Extigy

• Pirate Medic
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Sound Devices: Audigy2 V. Extigy

Posted 29 April 2003 - 09:08 AM

I havent Heard an exigity However being a usb device I think it would put a few extra instructions to the Proc

You just have to ask your self wether the $50 for an audigy is worth the THX certification and the 2 dB gain in signal to noise and the extra channel 6.1 Audigy 5.1 Extigy or the extra $100 for the Audigy2 Platnum EX
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2003 - 04:28 PM

*bump*
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2003 - 10:15 AM

I'd say-it depends upon what you are using it for. If you are gaming, etc., then its fine. If you are harddisk recording, then I'd scour the web for a good deal on an M-Audio card and free up a PCI slot. You have to think a little beyond the darkside on this one! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1